TAX FREE WEEKEND

by horrible life 8 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

Texas is having a tax free weekend on all clothes and shoes , and . each must be valued under $100 .00. So Oklahomans will be traveling to Texas, in droves, to spend our money in all of the boarder towns, including Dallas.

In the mean time, our Oklahoma leaders can't seem to see that our money is going out of state. The merchants are gearing up. One store, just over the border, told me that they usually run 20K. Saturday they will run 80K.

Does your state have a tax-free weekend? Or a neighboring state? Will you go? We are! We will also spend the night in a Hotel, buy gas, clothes, eat out. I say Texas is going to be better off, losing some tax dollars for the weekend. HL

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

sadly no

• zev
    zev

yep, massholes have theirs next weekend.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

This brings a lot of people from neighboring Oklahoma, New Mexico and Louisiana to Texas this weekend. Everyone loves this!

• garybuss
    garybuss

We can go to Minnesota 17 miles away. It's always tax free there.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yup... I've been planning on going out shopping today because of the Tax Free Weekend.

• maxwell
    maxwell

We're tax free on clothes and school items for one week and a day starting today.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Tax free? No we're always taxed at a rate of 14% (although books and food are at 7%).

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm back from shopping.

Along with no tax, many stores had things 40% off. I was able to get a lot of new cloths at some great prices.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit