witness talkie Films??

by fleaman uk 4 Replies latest jw friends

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Apparently the first ever Talkie feature Film was Al Jolsons "the jazz singer"but growing up,i was told(via the gift of propaganda) the first ever Talkie was the "photo drama of creation"...................please help me with the Truth of the matter?????

• sir82
    sir82

Someone correct me if I am wrong....

I believe the Photo-Drama of Creation had Pastor Russell's voice recorded on separate medium, but recorded while he was filmed talking. The idea was that the projectionist would have to time the starting of the film with the starting of the wax disk (or whatever his voice was recorded on). Thus, it would appear that he was speaking on the film.

You are correct in that "The Jazz Singer" was the first film to incorporate sound as part of the film itself.

• Valis
    Valis

I am betting the photo drama done by the dubbies was in Kinetiscope format, which predated the Jazz singer and used devices for the correct timing of the action on the film and the recorded voices. If you can find the date the photodrama was released it is easy enough to cross reference what technology was used at the time. And ya it is the Jazz Singer credited for No. 1.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• stevenyc
  • fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

valis

It was Russell era so was before 1916?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit