Delighting in Jehovah's "Righteousness" ??? (review of c/o's talk)

by dorayakii 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

Well, the circuit over-queer gave another stirring discourse, inciting the congregation to action... i can't remember the exact title of the talk but it was summink to do with taking delight in Jehovah's righteousness...

He started off by defining Jehovah's righteousness as his laws, his statutes and his commands (we all know where this is going now don't we?)... He then went on to cite a few examples from the bible of ones who have proven to be righteous in God's eyes.

First was Zachariah and Elizabeth, the parents of John the Baptist who according to Luke 1:6 were declared "righteous before God because of walking blamelessly in accord with all the commandments and legal requirements of Jehovah.". (Its really getting tiring, the society's focus on commands and legal requirements and laws, it really is like how they portray the Pharisees... if i wasn't an atheist i'd overturn their money changing tables, and start my own religion).

The second example he used was from 2 Peter 2:7 and talked about how "righteous Lot" was delivered. He then asked what was it about imperfect Lot that made Jehovah declare him righteous? Sodom was a morally degerated city which overflowed with immorality and homosexuality. He then went on to downgrade homosexuals and complained that they march up and down, parading through large cities, expecting some kind of.... RECOGNITION? (he spat out this last word with a simultaneous scowl and look of disbelief on his face... ooh scaaary... gays looking for re-cog-ni-tion)... anyway righteous Lot kept moving his camp closer and closer to the city of Sodom while Abraham moved further and further away. (Gen 13: 10-13) Eventually he decided to move INTO Sodom itself (Gen. 14:12)

Why did he do this? Why did he decide to move in with Sodomites? Why did righteous Lot stay in such an immoral, debauched place?... well, he explains, maybe it was his wife "oh Lot dear, its about time we get a mortgage, and i'm fed up of living in a tent, i want a ceiling and designer wallpaper"... (his attempt at humour)... or maybe it was his daughters "oh daddy it really difficult to find a husband in a tent, we've seen some 'nice-looking men' in Sodom" (yeah, fat chance in finding a bloke in Sodom, i thought all the "nice-looking men" of Sodom were batty-boys, from young boy to old man)

Anyway Jehovah decided to destroy Sodom and the two angels shouted at Lot's family "Get out! Jehovah is about to destroy the city... and Lot yelled at his sons-in-law to "Get up and go out from here, GET UP"... but his son-in-laws looked upon him "as a man who was joking". (Gen 19:14) He compared this to the situation in London now, the bombings in London tell us that the end is near. (So did Jehovah cause the London bombings as a warning for it's homosexual population???)... Last thursday, here in this very city of London, Jehovah shouted to us "Do more in my service, DO MORE", but come the next morning we just blended back into the same old mode, the same old spirit, as if nothing is happening... and we shout at people "Get out of Babylon the Great, GET OUT" but people look upon us as if we are crazy (hmmmm, i wonder why?)...

Finally the c/o went into all that Lot had lost... he lost his wife who turned into a pillar of salt, and his Sodomite sons-in-law (still trying to work that one out) and most of all he lost his Mercedes and large stately home in Sodom (another futile attempt at humour), he was reduced to living in a cave with his two daughters... (or put another way, he was reduced to screwing his two incestuous daughters drunkenly in a cave)...yet he still was declared righteous by Jehovah... ahhh, righteous Lot, what a fine example for our day...

Finally the example of Moses at the waters of Meribah... (Num. 20: 7-13) 40 years hurding sheep in the desert at Midian, 40 years leading this "stiff-necked people" through more sand... (and Moses just makes one small "tip of the slung" and Jehovah says he can never ever experience the Promised Land that he's waited 80 f**king years to see, i know i'd be livid, but then again i'm not the "meekest of all the men who were upon the surface of the ground", *sigh*). So what was Moses reaction? Moses' dying words in Deuteronomy 32:4 were "The Rock, perfect in his activity, all his ways are justice, with whom there is no injustice"... (are you sure Moses penned those words? Hmm... would he really have been able to get out a huge scroll on Mount Nebo and write "i lived for 120 years then DIED and Israel mourned me for 30 days"? Hmm... you think that's air you're breathing? Hmm)

Anyway finally he came to the crunch, the real reason behind the talk. How can we be declared righteous by Jehovah?... Proverbs 11:25 "More happiness in giving than recieving" (dubspeak for "donate more to the contributions for the world wide work")... Hebrews 12:11 "No discipline seems for the present joyful, but grievous, yet after wards... it yealds peaceable fruit, namely righteousness"... Who would go to hospital to get a vital injection, then run out screaming from the hospital when the nurse says "This might hurt a bit"? No ou would stay knowing that the short sharp pain would lead to the benefits that the innoculation will provide later (dubspeak for "be obedient to the elders and don't complain when the elders discipline you")... Psalms 110:3 "God's people will offer themselve up willingly on the day of your military force... company of young men like dew-drops" bla di-bla blaaa... (dubspeak for "volonteer to be an attendant, clean the stadium or scrub the toilets at the next assembly").

Thanks for listening all, i just had to write it all this down, so i can get it all in perspective after a whole two hours of indoctrination and guilt... especially after a convincing talk from a circuit over-queer who is quite talented at public speaking and at stirring the audience into a frenzy of applause...

dorayakii of the "they'll never get my mind" class... (breaks into the chorus of "fear not those who kill the body, but cannot destroy the soul"... aaarrrggghhh)

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

dorayakii,

nice write up. i like how you translated everything into dubspeak, i was starting to forget. those CO's are traveling propagandists, aren't they? that's wild that you still go to the meetings. you're like a real insider hey? i was inside while an atheist for a while too. it's surreal, no doubt.

"No discipline seems for the present joyful, but grievous, yet after wards...

LOL, this reminds me of this:

alt

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    Why did he do this? Why did he decide to move in with Sodomites? Why did righteous Lot stay in such an immoral, debauched place?... well, he explains, maybe it was his wife "oh Lot dear, its about time we get a mortgage, and i'm fed up of living in a tent, i want a ceiling and designer wallpaper"... (his attempt at humour)... or maybe it was his daughters "oh daddy it really difficult to find a husband in a tent, we've seen some 'nice-looking men' in Sodom" (yeah, fat chance in finding a bloke in Sodom, i thought all the "nice-looking men" of Sodom were batty-boys, from young boy to old man)

It's always the women that are to blame for stumbling anytime the men F**k up in the bible or in Jehovah's borg.

DL76

• luna2
    luna2

Enjoyed the write-up, dorayakii! Lots of giggles (especially because I don't have to listen to that stupidity any more). These talks are ALWAYS a bunch of drivel leading you to the same old conclusions.

I've always wondered how some of these old Bible characters were considered righteous too. Lot and his girls are very high on my sicko list. I can't imagine ever wanting a child that bad. And what about Jah, the God of a Million Rules? Didn't he burn up the Lot family home while destroying the entire town and killing all their neighbors because Sodom was so immoral? Didn't Lot's wife get turned into salt (sounds like a Star Trek episode) just for the horrendous sin of looking back on her home with regret? How come that's so bad but sex between a father and his daughters isn't even worthy of a harsh word or two. Arrrgh...it's insane.

I'm sorry you are still in a position where you have to waste your time with this junk.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Lets see here... Jehover's "Righteousness" is very abusive and we are supposed to delight in this?

Yeah right! Jehover can suck my balls!

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    Lets see here... Jehover's "Righteousness" is very abusive and we are supposed to delight in this?

Yeah right! Jehover can suck my balls!

ROFLMFAO @ Elsewhere!

DL76

• dorayakii
    dorayakii
    that's wild that you still go to the meetings. you're like a real insider hey? i was inside while an atheist for a while too. it's surreal, no doubt.

yeah, well i didn't go to many meetings when i was in paris for the year, just the memorial and special talk, so that i could know what i was talking about when my parents phoned to check up on me... but now i've been back in london for the past two weeks, i had forgotten how unbearable the meetings are... and even more excruciating since my eyes were finally so open while i was away, and now after just two weeks i feel the shadow of indoctrination creeping on me again... JWD keeps me sane...

lol @ the procrastination joke

I've always wondered how some of these old Bible characters were considered righteous too. Lot and his girls are very high on my sicko list. I can't imagine ever wanting a child that bad. And what about Jah, the God of a Million Rules? Didn't he burn up the Lot family home while destroying the entire town and killing all their neighbors because Sodom was so immoral? Didn't Lot's wife get turned into salt (sounds like a Star Trek episode) just for the horrendous sin of looking back on her home with regret? How come that's so bad but sex between a father and his daughters isn't even worthy of a harsh word or two. Arrrgh...it's insane.

yes, even when i was a child reading the old yellow My Book of Bible Stories book i always used to think Jah was a bit harsh on Lot's wife... (her ans Uzzah who touched the freakin' Ark of the Convenant and got struck down there and then)... it amazes me that we're expected to believe that some people get punished immediately for minor sins whereas some got let-off for major sins, then are declared righteous *shakes head in disgust*...

while the c/o was asking the cong "what did lot's wife do that incited jehovahs righteous indignation?" (so Jehovah's short temper is righteous now is it?) i quickly made a big deal of turning my head towards the back to show the banality of her "crime"... a couple kids behind me sniggered...

It's always the women that are to blame ;for stumbling ;anytime ;the men F**k up in the bible or in Jehovah's borg.

Yep, it's always the same... typical misogynistic and homophobic crap

Jehover can suck my balls!

ROFLMFAO

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

As I vaguely recall, weren't lots daughters blamed for getting him drunk and shagging him? Didn't he offer his virgin to be gangraped and murdered? Yeah it's a lovely read.

I just don't understand why women get so upset..........

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    He then went on to downgrade homosexuals and complained that they march up and down, parading through large cities, expecting some kind of.... RECOGNITION? ( he spat out this last word with a simultaneous scowl and look of disbelief on his face...

Someone really should record this / these sessions - surely public villification of homosexuals is against the law

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit