Got an e-mail about Nike

by sweet tee 5 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

supporting homosexual unions . One of my ultra-Christian classmates forwarded it to me. I was 'supposed' to foward my canned response about how dissapointed I am with Nike. Here's the link - hope it shows up.

Nike Endorses Homosexual Civil Unions, Next Step Marriage
    <NDL>
    <REPLICA 852568F1:0070F698>
    <VIEW OF38D46BF5:E8F08834-ON852564B5:00129B2C>
    <NOTE OFAE5E8B7E:13D92EED-ON85257039:004AF2C2>
    <HINT>CN=ROCNOT01/O=MARKIVAUTO/C=US</HINT>
    <REM>Database 'Tamara Griffin', View 'Inbox', Document 'Fwd: Nike Endorses Homosexual Civil Unions, Next Step Marriage'</REM>
    </NDL>

The canned response goes like this

I am disappointed to hear that Nike has thrown its support behind homosexual civil unions. I will pass this information on to others, and I will find another brand of shoe to purchase.

I hope you will reconsider your support for civil unions (and, indirectly, homosexual marriage), although I doubt very seriously if you will.

But I deleted that and said the following:

This is not the typical letter of dissapointment. Instead, I want to lend my support to Nike for your stand on same sex unions. I am a heterosexual female, spiritual, perhaps even Christian. However, I do not feel it is my right to tell anyone else how to live, or how I think God wants them to live.

Kudos to you NIKE for supporting your employees in their choice for happiness. I trust that your verbal and written support will also include the same benefits for same sex unions as those for heterosexual marriage.

Warmest regards,

Loyal NIKE consumer

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Well done sweet tee! Did you copy this to yoru ultra christian class mate! The look on her face - priceless, especially if you'd dared to hint that you were gay too! LOL!

Good girl!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

This is typical...

People do not realise that even though homosexuality might be something they disagree with (which they are entitled to their bigotry) homosexual couples must still have rights and be treated equally as human beings, whilst the governments have not made marriage legal between homosexual couples the Civil Union laws in each country (Civil Partnerships Act 2004 uk equiv) will hopefully allow such people to accrue rights in their given relationships as though they were married and allow them to register their relationship.

Ultra christian NOT....more like ultra bigotted.

DB74

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Nike gets the tick!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sweet Tee!!

You go girl!

Josie

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    Well done sweet tee! Did you copy this to yoru ultra christian class mate! The look on her face - priceless, especially if you'd dared to hint that you were gay too! LOL!

Good girl!

Hey Crumpet! Don’t I have enough of my business in the streets already? I did think about copying her on my reply but then I may not get the next ‘bigoted’ email and I won’t be able to support or not support the next issue these creatans are in an uproar about. It’s great to finally speak in my OWN VOICE!!! No blind ‘Obedience’ to the b0rg to suppress my own thoughts anymore. AHHHHH .... Sweet freedom!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit