Research help?

by carla 5 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

I am trying to locate from non "apostate" sources the Hitler Documents. I have the info from Macgregor Ministries, Freeminds, etc.., and the book the Third Reich. However, of course, they are "biased". I have emailed the Holocaust Museum and am waiting for a response. Anyone know where to get these documents (translated in English) from a museum or college or something? Could be a good source for some real dissonance in my house. thanks in advance, carla

• blondie
    blondie

I think these are in the 1934 yearbook. If someone has that on JWD, they could photocopy the appropriate pages.

Here is a scan from WTO that you could print off. I'm not sure if it prints with a WTO ident.

http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040306/JWANDHITLER4/10810004

• carla
    carla

Thanks I have those as well. Still from an apostate site. Any other ideas? thanks, carla

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

no ideas but good to see some good research going on.

Goodonya!

Ozzie (permanently upside-down class)

• JW83
    JW83

M James Penton is a respected academic & he should have his sources in Third Reich. If not, go to Christine King, who is not an ex-JW & is the foremost authority of JWs in 3rd Reich. Her book should be available in your nearest uni library.

Jayne

• JW83
    JW83

Here is the reference for King:

King, Christine Elizabeth, 'The Nazi State and the New Religions: Five Case Studies in Non-Conformity'. Studies in Religion & Society, Vol 4, The Edwin Mellen Press, New York, 1982.

The Witnesses quote King extensively, so there is no problem using her & her sources!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit