I'm a newbie Texan!

by target 7 Replies latest jw friends

• target
    target

Back in April I asked for advice from all of you about Texas. Well, we hopped a plane and checked out The Woodlands, north of Houston. We loved it! Our son and family came first and they loved it. We went back and sold our houses and now here we are! We really like it here. It is hot and humid but the heat in Phoenix makes your skin feel like it is frying. It is never cloudy and you get to hate all the constant sunshine. We find this much more tolerable. The Woodlands is fantastic. So thanks to all of you who gave me such good advice!

Target

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Welcome to the Great State target!! The Woodlands is nice.

Dont forget to change your state in your profile

• kls
    kls

Hi Target glad you like Texas,so i guess you coming back to Wisconsin isn't goona happen.

• Terry
    Terry

Welcome to Texas.

I live in Fort Worth. Not the exotic part of the state, believe me.

Woodlands sounds delightful; I hope it is.

Prepare yourself for the summers here.

You'll learn to worship at the altar of the air conditioning god.

T.

• Netty
    Netty

Goodbye my former fellow Arizonan. GAWD, how many people on this board are from Texas, everyone?

• target
    target

OK, I updated my profile. I hadn't thought of it. Thanks.

Nope, no need to go back to Wisconsin. The Woodlands is Wisconsin, but without the winters or the relatives. And there is not any JWs here who know us, at least not that we will run into.

Target

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

You make me miss home!!!!!!!

I'm from Gainesville, TX. Been a nurse in the DFW area for 14 years. My punishment for being bad is being stuck in Oklahoma to get my shit together. I tend to get in trouble in Texas. I'm only 45 miles away from heaven!!!!!!!!

shelley

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Mmmmm ... Tex-Ass! I'll see ya in 5 months ... Turkey Day at Mom's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit