A jw snopes type web site?

by Check_Your_Premises 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I looked around the internet for the John Denver JW story. NOthing.

I wonder if we could contact his publicist somehow to verify the rumors!

• mapleaf18
    mapleaf18

I also hated those ' I left a tract up a donkeys arse and the vet became a dub' ones

how 'bout the one where the bird uses a shredded tract as nesting material and an ailing patient watched as the bird made the nest. when he was feeling better and the bird had left the nest, he unraveled the nest and pieced together the tract. upon reading the tract, he immediately ran out to become a baptized witness or some such malarky. chances are after several weeks as a nest, between the bird poo and the elements, it would hardly be legible. unless the society is using holy ink.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii
    I also hated those 'I left a tract up a donkeys arse and the vet became a dub' ones.

i have no words for how hard i laughed when i read that kitty

I heard one where a "bethelite sister" went to see "Ghost Busters" after being counseled against it. She was in the theater and she decided mid way that she should leave, but the demons held her in the chair and made her watch the whole thing! Sounds to me like it was a good excuse not to leave. hehehe

Yeah right. I've heard similar legends to this one. The Demons keep you glued to your seat, but you really, really don't want to watch that awesome film. Ohhhh Kaaaayyy!

I've got a personal demon story . My father used to believe all those demon-in-object stories. I once brought home the childrens novel "Witches" by Roald Dahl. That evening, me and my step mum had a caustic arguement, and my dad started to become really pensive. He stopped the dispute and told me that he senced a bad spirit in the house. He'd heard some weird noises and his shelf had fallen down so he asked me if i'd brought home anything demonic, i said "no, of course not, why would i bring anything demonic into the house?". He then told me that he was going to search my bedroom, i saif "fine, if you feel like it"...

A few minutes later, he came back downstairs triumphantly with the Dahl book in his hand and said that this was the cause of all the troubles in the house. I was petrified, he really had me convinced there were demons, i mean HOW ELSE would he have known i had that book in the house?? He threatened to burn the book because it might affect other people with its wiles if we didn't. After i convinced him that you can't just destroy school property, and that the demons would be harmless if we just put it outside, he put it out in the front of the house for the night and said it wasn't coming in the house and i was going to take it back to school the next day. I was really puzzled about how he knew about the book, it strengthened my "faith" for about 10 minutes...

The next day on my way out the front door to school, i picked up the soggy book (it had rained the previous night) and put it in my little school bookbag... i quickly realised that the bag was transparent and that he must have seen me bring the book home and formulated a plan in his wiley brain to scare me shitless...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit