JW urban legend? Has anyone heard of a JW clone group called "The Princes"

by Check_Your_Premises 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

A dub I know found some info about the Christadelphians. It was quite remarekable to her that there was a group with so many ideas, so similar to the dubs. Such a reailzation is a bit of a challenge to a dub, since they spend so much time fancying how unique they are. In fact they point to their doctrinal uniqueness as proof of them being the "one true" religion.

So naturally there had to be some dub type antectdote that made such an occurrence explainable within the context of the assumption that the jw are TFDS.

So some dub told this person that "there was a group in Canada, called the Princes, that believed all the same things as the dubs. Then some of the elders started studying with the jw, and they realized the jw was the "one true" religion. They announced it at their church and most of the members joined the jw. They turned over all of their assets to the watchtower. Isn't that a touching story!"

So I have noticed that these little stories always pop up to explain away these sorts of troubling realizations. As anyone here knows, there is an extensive library of jw urban legends. I smell one in this case. I did a search on the internet and got no hits for a group called "the Princes".

Anyone heard this story?

• blondie
    blondie

w76 11/15 p. 695 I Found Something Worth Fighting For ***

A unique experience was encountered in 1975 when I met some of the influential members of a small French church group of about 1,500 people called "La Mission de l’Esprit Saint" (The Mission of the Holy Spirit). After a long talk with one of these men, he asked if he and some friends could come to see me. "Of course," I said. A few days later he arrived with other members and their wives—forty in all!

In time, they locked up their church, closed their school, and all their "servants" resigned. Then they told their members to start studying with Jehovah’s Witnesses. Suddenly, a thousand people wanted Bible studies!

In a space of two months I placed 1,300 Bible study aids among them. Many of the studies ceased later, but close to a hundred of this former church group have been immersed as Jehovah’s Witnesses, and four hundred others are either studying or attending meetings at the Kingdom Halls. More are expected to be immersed shortly.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Never heard of it. A bunch of crazy dubs made up the rumor that Ray Franz had started his own break off religion called "The Son's of Freedom", too.

GBL

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

That might be the source of the urban legend.

I think a key element has to be "there was a church with similar teachings, but they then realize that the jw are really the right one"

The purpose is to make it seem like if some group just dummies into the jw teachings on their own (Ethiopian eunichs without somebody to explain it all to them), as soon as they are exposed to the jw they quickly realize jw is the "right one"

JW urban legends kill me.

next time I hear one, I am thinking of saying, "did you know this person?" When they say "no it is a friend who told me this story"?

I will say, "a friend of a friend, hey that sounds like an urban legen!"

• blondie
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Q&A from the link Blondie posted, not for the faint of heart:

Q-
    What are the names of the THREE PERSONS in God ?
    A-
    Jehovah, Jesus-Christ, and Eugene Richer dit Laflèche.
    -5-
    What is the name of the THIRD PERSON in God ?
    A-
    Eugène Richer Dit Laflèche is the name of the third PERSON in God.
    -8-
    Eugene Richer dit Laflèche was the third PERSONAL MANIFESTATION of GOD.
    -11-

Q-
    What do you mean by Divine manifestation or of God ?
    A-
    God's Manifestation is the manner of the Person through which or by whom. He reveals Himself.
    -12-
    Q-
    Why weren't Jesus the Christ and EUGENE RICHE dit LAFLECHE God ?
    A-
    Because they were only the flesh to invest the Holy-Spirit.
    -13-
    -
    Q-
    Who was Eugene Richer dit La Fleche ?
    A-
    Eugene Richer dit La Fleche is the Master of all the Consecrated and the Comforter of souls of God will.

I think this book also mentions offshoots of WTS. Seems to be a lot of controversy about this book. http://www.greenwood.com/books/bookdetail.asp?sku=GR0510

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    Q-
    What are the names of the THREE PERSONS in God ?
    A-
    Jehovah, Jesus-Christ, and Eugene Richer dit Laflèche.
    -5-

Sounds like when these guys met and joined the dubs, it was a classic "My cult leader can beat up your cult leader" type situation.

• blondie
    blondie

I might mention that certain members of the group are called Le Prince and others are designated as servants. I think that last real leader died in 1965 on my quick glance at other websites.

I was an adult JW when this was "experience" was announced at a convention. They used it as a point proving how close the end was.

Blondie

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I think I am going to start a new thread called,

"Stump Blondie"

We can all ask questions and see if there is anything that Blondie can't provide relevant info for.

• blondie
    blondie

I've been stumped and others here on JWD come up with some good info. We all make a good team.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit