"THE CHRISTIAN RESPONDENT" Newsletter

by JAVA 4 Replies latest jw friends

• JAVA
    JAVA

From May 1984 to December 1986, Ronald E. Frye put out a monthly newsletter called, "The Christian Respondent." It was a balanced newsletter that addressed JW issues, usually from a current "Watchtower" or "Awake!" from a Christian point of view. Ronald was a former JW of many years, and I know his newsletter was helpful to Witnesses and non-Witnesses alike. At that time he lived in Medford, MN.

Did anyone on this forum receive his newsletters? Does anyone know what happened to Ron?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Ron published "The Christian Respondent" in book form. I have an autographed copy.

The Christian Respondentby Ron Frye, former Circuit Overseer
    The Christian Respondent was originally mailed on a subscription basis from 1984 to 1991.
    Fifty-two issues of insightful commentaries on the Watch Tower religion and its policies were published. Now compiled into one book.
    PRICE: $18.50 plus $2.50 shipping (book rate) in the U.S.
    ($21.00 total within the U.S.)

http://www.xjw.com/

• bavman
    bavman

I believe he can still be contacted through BRCI.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Ron retired and moved to Aitkin, MN but no longer publishes THE CHRISTIAN RESPONDENT. He does speak occasionally at various conferences but has had some health concerns lately.

Outaservice

• JAVA
    JAVA

During the mid '80s when Ron was writting the monthly issues of TCR, we wrote back and forth several times, and it was a pleasure getting to know him. I met him at a BRCI conference in Chicago, 1986 or '87, which was my first contact with a large group of former JWs. While going through some papers the other day, I ran across the issues I listed in the first post, and wondered about him. Thanks for the above posts, and I'm sorry he has some health concerns that limits his activity.

I no longer buy into much of the Christian concepts, but appreciate the work Ron did before the days of the Internet. He did far more good than harm, in my opion. I find that rare with many coming from a religious point of view.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit