Oldies day on Sci Fi channel

by Golden Girl 2 Replies latest social entertainment

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Well my brother has me taping movies all the time and he requested this original movie ..(1951 version)

"The Thing from another World"!..He saw it when he was 11 and said it was the scariest movie he ever saw..well it probably was in those days..but I thought it was hysterical. I wasn't scared at all . Especially when you compare it to movies today!

Then they had "The Body Snatchers"...That was the one where the seed pods took over the people! (1956) That was always creepy.

Now they have "Earth Vs The Flying Saucers"..(1956)...funny looking flying saucers..They look the same today....

The next one is "Village of the Damned"..(1960) Children take over the adults..how fun is that.
    Christopher Reeves actually made a redo of the film in 1995 it was on earlier but I missed that one.

So it's oldies night for me..kind of fun in a way..no explicit sex scenes or blood curdling horrors to worry about...Refreshing in a way..

Snoozy..an oldie but goodie...

• blondie
    blondie

I watched the 1960 version of the Village of the Damned last night. Pretty good.

The original Body Snatchers (1956) scared me too. I saw it in a outdoor theater once. Now that's scary.

Blondie

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I remember being absolutely terrified watching The Birds when I was a kid. Used to tell my son about this scary movie. Then it came on when he was a teenager and he watched it with me. We both laughed so hard! The special effects were so bad, it was badly acted, what a difference a decade or two can make!

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit