New stats...JW's...

by Golden Girl 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I clicked on the site showing the 2005 conventions someone posted and saw a lot of goodies..

I found some more recent statistics of the JW's

It shows how many attended the Memorial..and says 8570 partook in 2004. It seemed like a few years ago it was around 10,000.

It's on the left side under Topics..Last one is Statistics..The other links are informative also..you can break them down by country..

Snoozy..

http://www.jw-media.org/index.html

• talesin
    talesin

Did you check out the section on PTSD? I think I'm gonna be sick...

They really do prey on the weak .... grrrr

Who the aitch eee double two sticks do they think they are?

hehehe,,, that felt good.

tal

• Simon
    Simon

This saite has excellent stats on JWs:

http://www.jwic.com/stat.htm

• steve2
    steve2

These figures have been widely available for about seven months now (December 2004).

Notice how the site only reports peak publisher numbers, with no direct comparison with the previous year (in actual numbers). Admittedly this is a site likely to be visited by non-JWs, but even the use of particular words seems different from their normal practice. For example, they use the words "membership" and "members". I could be wrong, but I don't think they've used this sort of language before.

Also, the statistics have the predictable blurb about counting actual active members not like in other religions whose numbers consist of even infrequent attenders. Funny the site should mention this when its own memorial figures consist of large numbers of people who only attend the annual memorial and the peak numbers could also potentially inlcude even elderly or infirm individuals who have spent only 15 minutes witnessing in the past year.

• JW83
    JW83

Thanks for the link, Simon - what a great resource!

Does anyone have any idea why 1997 was such a great year for the Witnesses (besides the fact that I was still a dub then?!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit