splinter groups

by carla 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

I just received some stuff from MacGregor Ministries and in a booklet -How to Identify a Cult- there is a listing of cults. I found it interesting that there a quite a number of splinter groups from jw's. As usually jw's boast about 'unity' and husband is always going on about how 'they don't have all these other denominations'. Here are some of them-

Bible Students, Bible Studies Fellowship, Bible Way Publications, Christian Millenial Fellowship, Christian Renewal Ministry, Church of God,Faith of Abraham, Laodicean Home Missionary, Pastoral Bible Institute

In a meeting I had with a ms, we got on the topic of the use of the word jehovah, how it is actually not pronounced correctly. His explanation was that everbody uses jehovah and it is more common. Even though the wt has said that Yahweh is more correct. I said, 'so you are following the traditions of men then?" He didn't have much to say except that nobody 'really uses Yahweh". Well, here a few other cults that do-

Assemblies of Yahweh, House of Yahweh, Messianic Assemblies of Yahweh, Nation of Yahweh, Yahwehism

I suppose none of the above would matter to a jw anyway because none of them have the 'truth'.

carla

• under74
    under74

Ya, I did a post about this a while back. The JWs are actually a splinter from the Bible Students Association and many of the others actually splintered when/because Rutherford transformed the main body into the JWs.

The website for Dawn Bible Associaton has a large listing of many of the groups that split after Rutherford took over.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    'they don't have all these other denominations'

You could say that the Moonies don't have all these other denominations too. ?? But then that doesn't quite make sense.

All cults boast of their Unity!

Check out what the Restored Church of God has to say:

Did Christ build one, unified, organized Church? Or is His Church divided? He said, ?I will build M y C hurch??not ?churches,? ?fellowships,? ?sects,? ?denominations? or ?communities of believers.? He promised that the ?gates of hell shall not prevail against it.? Where is it and how is it identified? What and why is it? You need not be confused. Here are the plain answers!

http://www.thercg.org/books/wigtc.html

• Sith
    Sith

I've always believed that was the most hypocritical belief of the Dubs. They claim that it is of the utmost importance to use God's proper name, to distinguish him from all other gods, yet they won't use the proper pronunciation

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    I've always believed that was the most hypocritical belief of the Dubs. They claim that it is of the utmost importance to use God's proper name, to distinguish him from all other gods, yet they won't use the proper pronunciation

their excuse-- no one knows the TRUE way to pronounce it so we will use the most common Translation-- if the Big G did not give two $#!+$ over his own name's correct translation, why should we? either the whole of the New Test. is FRAUD or the name was never really important to God

• minimus
    minimus

Regarding Church of God, Faith of Abraham----I could find no shared history with C.T. Russell.

• minimus
    minimus

Perhaps she is saying all these groups are cults but certainly not all are "splinter groups" from Russell.

• Sith
    Sith

I absolutely agree with you, Zen. I meant to say that the Dubs don't use the pronunciation considered to be most proper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit