pioneers with ulcers!!

by curlygirl 7 Replies latest jw friends

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

As I was reading the thread about JWs and Obits, I started to feel sick to my stomach.

I was reminded of a time when I was pioneering and developed stomach ulcers. I was 16. I was told by an older sister that it was all in my head. Anyway, it started me thinking. How many JWs suffer from health problems that are directly related to the stress that is swallowed on a daily basis?

Curlygirl

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Curlygirl:

I can't believe you got sick over pioneering. You poor baby!

I once almost developed an ulcer at a job I had. Once I left the job, problem solved.

Now, how could the happiest people in the world make you sick? (I'm being sarcastic).

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i chewed packets of rennies all through one quickbuild...i was volunteer overseer on this one and prior to the build i had sent out letters to all the surrounding congregations telling them of the dates and saying that lots of skilled and unskilled volunteers would be appreciated...on the w/e hardly any volunteers showed...and i was being blamed for not putting in the preparation...i later learned that in an instruction letter re q/bs it said that volunteers were not to be coerced and that p.o.s in most of the halls had misinterpreted this to mean that letters informing of the need for volunteers were not to be read...so they didnt read them...plus some thought i was just trying to make a name for myself....IT WASNT MY HALL YOU MORONS

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

After years of hearing of how JOYFUL Jehovahs people are---I started wondering exactly WHERE these people were. All I saw were a bunch of people surviving on antacids like tijkmo!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Spiritually and physical healing are so entwined that you can't have one without the other. When I was in the Lie I had all sorts of health, mental and emotional problems. After I DF'd the apostate GB and allowed Christ into my life the problems disappeared. At my last checkup the Dr. couldn't believe the test results because they were all normal except for potassium. The WTBTS is literally killing people, spiritually and physically with their demonised doctrines and laws.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I sure had problems. I had horrible back pain and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, migraine headaches and bad depression.

The back pain was made worse by the stress of pioneering, but didn't cause it. I still have it, but not nearly as bad as when I was a pioneer.

The rest of my health problems gradually went away after I quit pioneering in 1992 (or '93 can't remember for sure). I did up my nutrition, with supplements and some other things, but stress was a big issue in all of it. I went to the doctor when it was really bad, and got the diagnosis of CFS (caused by the Epstein Barr virus) and he said to eliminate the stress in my life. I laughed at him.

I'm great now!!

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

Mulan

My pio friend developed CFS and was told by her pioneering elder hubby(you know the kind) that she was making it up just to get out of service!! Lupus and CFS seem to be very common in the cong. You won't see those stats in the yearbook!! Glad your health has improved! I am a firm believer in natural healthcare.

Curly

• Satanus
    Satanus

I developed a duedenal ulcer when i was a hotshot ms and sometimes pioneer. I didn't last,though. Five yrs without masterbation. When i started it again, i stepped down from ms.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit