"They're Your Kids Too"

by Fatfreek 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

"They're Your Kids Too" is a work in progress so please check me out on this. Am I being too hard, too soft? Especially, am I being factual?

http://www2.arkansas.net/%7Emillerlr/TheyAreYourKidsToo.pdf

Len

• DHL
    DHL

Len, great work! I think you found the right words and you surely don't sound like a troubleseeker. Your story and many others you can find on this website weave a factual pattern of the general JW-behavior on this subject.

My own story as well isn't that different. I still do have contact with my JW-parents but they strongly differentiate between simple social contacts and helpful contacts. They are quite happy whenever I pop up and even rival for my attention. But at the same time they never make a move to visit me just for the sake of seing me. They only come over whenever I express the need of help in a certain area (like having trouble with my car or whatever). Im not yet sure about their motives here but I have two assumptions:

a) They still feel a certain parental obligation to be there for me.

b) Or they feel like having another chance of buying me back by showing "acts of love".

Apart of all that they have told me point blank: "You surely understand that we prefer to spend time with our spiritual family." Emotional blackmail at its finest!

• vitty
    vitty

I knew of a JW that stopped her son from going to his fathers second marriage cos he was disfellowshipped. He was only six at the time, all was well till the latest KM stated about DFs family, so she went through the article with the child and told him how wrong it would be but that it was HIS choice !

Anyway the child really wanted to do the right thing and told his dad he wouldnt go to the wedding. If he asks about his dad and the future his mum tells him hes been naughty and Jehovah is going to kill him if he doesnt come back to the meetings. Now thats sick

• Honesty
    Honesty
    If he asks about his dad and the future his mum tells him hes been naughty and Jehovah is going to kill him if he doesnt come back to the meetings. Now thats sick

I love it when the kids repeat things the JW parent tells them about the non JW parent.... in front of a Christian judge during child custody litigation .

• TheListener
    TheListener

Fatfreek, I really liked your write up. Thanks. Now you have me worried about my future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit