I once knew a man named Jesus.

by The Lone Ranger 5 Replies latest jw friends

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I knew a man named Jesus, and I am not talking about Jesus Christ, this man was a JW from Spain, and he was named Jesus, apparently Jesus is very common in the Spanish language, but when I first meet him and he told me his name I freaked out and I had such a laugh, I couldn?t help but think of the funny situations that can come with it. So I saw him once at the District Convention, and I walked up to him and said in a load voice ... ".Jesus! fancy meeting you here!" ??. Of course other brothers near us looked at me horrified as if I just blasphemed, but I turned to them and said?...." his name is Jesus! Really !"...and they had this stunned look on there face, I still have a laugh about that time even these days.

• hubert
    hubert

Well, I'm not Spanish or Mexican, but I think the name Jesus is actually pronounced...(Haysoos), like Jose being pronounced (Hozay) by Spanish speaking people.

No offense to them, though . They are good names.

Welcome to the board, by the way.

Hi Ho Silver ! (Cool avatar)

Hubert

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Lone Ranger:

Not only is Jesus a very popular name among Spanish speaking people, but an entire country has named itself after Jesus.

El Salvador is Spanish for, the Saviour.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Why would a JW consider mis-use of the name Jesus to be blasphemy. Isn't blasphemy something that can only apply to God? I ask because a JW friend once accused me of blasphemy against the organisation leadership.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I once knew a man name Jesus

who swore he would never leavus

but the Jews gave him up

on a stake (sic) he was stuck

Now he's the Butthead to Jeehovah's Beavis

• Satanus
    Satanus

He just needs the christ middle name. Could also throw in logos and prince. heh heh

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit