Pretty dumb to blame the Pope for aids!

by Brummie 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

A spokesman for homosexuality was on TV yesterday blaming the pope for some of the gay people catching aids, based of the Popes disbelief in contraception. Then I saw other people echoing this.

How dumb are they? The Pope was also against homosexuality/ sex before marriage but none of them stopped practising sex because of what the pope believed did they? So why did they obey his "no condom" belief? How does it sound "I practice unsafe sex because the pope says its wrong to wear a condom, he doesnt believe we should have sex either but we take no notice of that"

People who have unsafe sex should not be on TV blaming the pope for thier STDs...how can the pope be to blame for their not accepting responsibility? how dumb.

Rant over...

Brummie

• kls
    kls

I did not hear that Brummie but it is so like people having to blame someone or something for their own lack in responsibility. If people have colds they know to cover their mouths and not spread their germs ,if they can't figure out how not to spread disease they have no one to blame but themselves.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hear hear!

Yep Kls, the spokesman was very negative towards the Pope because he felt it was his fault that some had aids.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Failure to take personal responsibility for their own health and safety, more likely. Blaming others is as old as time once unpleasant consequences turn up.

J

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Blaming others is as old as time once unpleasant consequences turn up.

Yep! What surprised me is that no-one counter-acted the statements of the spokesman, perhaps they didnt dare.

• jwbot
    jwbot

The only problem I had was that catholic missionaries in Africa were discouraging condom use between married couples even. Now THAT is irresponsibility.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    The only problem I had was that catholic missionaries in Africa were discouraging condom use between married couples even. Now THAT is irresponsibility.

Yes it is, very good point!

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

In the Western world, where condoms and information about condom use are plentiful, I don't think any blame can reasonably attach to the Church, or to the pope who has insisted on preserving the Church's traditional position.

I think the issue is with less developed countries in Africa and Latin America, where Catholic influence can reduce the availability of condoms, or help spread the misinformation that condoms are ineffective.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I don't blame the pope for people getting aids but isn't about time the RC church get into the 21 century??? This brought to you by the same people that gave us the bloody crusades and the inquisitions.

Will

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I think the issue is with less developed countries in Africa and Latin America, where Catholic influence can reduce the availability of condoms, or help spread the misinformation that condoms are ineffective.

Yes, I am just begining to realise this, its a very valid point and quite a negative for catholicism.

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit