A QWIK QUOTE - TAKE NOTE

by brandnew 7 Replies latest jw friends

• brandnew
    brandnew

ITS NOT THE SIZE OF THE DOG IN THE FIGHT...

ITS THE SIZE OF THE FIGHT IN THE DOG...

I feel this site, is the lil dog thats gonna win...just sayin.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I love that quote and remind my son of it often.  I would argue though that this site, and all others  like it, have already "won".  Winning wont be measured by the end of the wtbs society or some official announcment that the doors have closed at bethel.  Winning is defined as one person being saved from a life of servitude and denial of self.  By that standard this site and all others like it have won countless times over :)
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    @_Morpheus.....my username says it all, im new here, and from what i have seen in the few weeks ive been here is all good.
  • Simon
    Simon
    Winning wont be measured by the end of the wtbs society or some official announcment that the doors have closed at bethel. Winning is defined as one person being saved from a life of servitude and denial of self

I agree.

There will always be groups like the WTS so imagining that they can be destroyed is really a fanciful notion. It's typical of newly exitted JWs that are full of piss and vinegar to be angry and imagine that THEY are going to be the ones to do it.

The reality is they are just one in a long line of people who have woken up but as a queue of people leave there is another queue signing up. If the WTS wasn't there then they'd be signing up for whatever was in it's place and appealing to their particular segment of humanity.

The best we can do is make it easy for people to leave and to provide hep and support for those who do because it can be a stressful and lonely time. This is where the ex-JW communities definitely help.

Information is always important but I don't believe that people are ever convinced to leave - they already start to doubt and learn that their doubts have foundation and it helps not to 2nd guess yourself by being more informed about what the WTS does.

But the idea that we'll somehow reach and convince current JWs to leave is I think a lot of wishful thinking and more cathartic for ourselves as much as anything. People leave when they are ready to, when the WTS does something that wakes them up, they are personally impacted by something (I think the biggest reason) or they see some injustice to someone else ... or they just get tired of it..

Most JWs don't even know what their current beliefs are - trying to convince them they have it wrong or they have changed is a hard sell.

So yes, destroy the WTS? It's not going to happen other than gradual change in society toward religion as a whole over may years to come.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Thank you simon
  • MissFit
    MissFit

This site helped unlock my chains. It gave me information and support. I found out things I didnt know I didnt know. This helped me free my mind set.

I found this site by accident,  but stayed by my own accord.

Thank you Simon.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The saying that really struck me was: "I'd rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned!"

Kinda sums up my wt history and fade!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Good 1 EYEUSE2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit