Living Church of God & the Watchtower

by JAVA 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Berean
    Berean

I found an ?apostate? Living Church of God site; evidently they are a sect of Armstrong. The site claimed that Armstrong got some of his ideas from the Adventist and Jehovah?s Witnesses, among others. I know that Armstrong had many ideas strongly resembling JW?s.

Very interesting.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:The news was just on and one of the followers of this religion said,,It was a horrible tragedy but these are things that are to come before the end and maybe this is Gods way of spreading our beliefs and getting the word out.

God I hate these crazy "last day's" bullshit sects. If these morons would do a little research they would see how much better off they are living now than practically ANY other time in human history.

GBL

• JAVA
    JAVA

I remember hearing Armstrong on the radio in the mid 1960s, and he sounded like someone right out of the headquarters at Brooklyn, but with a lot more polish. When I discovered the Living Church of God was a splinter group from Armstrong, I saw red flags. The guy that killed 7 people before killing himself had the same hopes and mindset as a JW.

• blondie
    blondie
    I found an ?apostate? Living Church of God site;

Do you have the URL for that, berean?

• under74
    under74

There are a ton of splinter groups from Armstrongs original WW Church of God. Which was somewhat of an offshoot from Church of God-7th Day which came out of the 7thDay Adventist which came out of the Millerites. I think it's somewhat like the JWs but so are many other Adventist churches because they all have the same origin.

Here's a link showing all the splinter groups: http://www.wcg.org/lit/aboutus/splits.htm

• JAVA
    JAVA

blondie try -- http://home.datawest.net/esn-recovery/artcls/asurviv.htm I'm sure there are other apostate sites that looks at the Living Church of God. As already posted, the group splinted from Armstrong's large sect, and has only been around for about 10 years.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Thanks under74 -- I don't know why my Mac doesn't create links when I'm on this forum. I guess most folks use PCs, and the format is different.

• under74
    under74

I'm not using my computer (a mac) right now, so I can do all kinds of stuff I can't normally do...like this and and a bunch of other crap...

• DocHayes
    DocHayes

I won't lie. I've wanted to kick the ass of the school overseer for giving me a "W" on a talk.

• JAVA
    JAVA

DocHayes -- That might have been me, I was the TMS before the elder arrangement. I really hated that assignment, and didn't give many Ws. Some talks were so bad, they were difficult to praise. I remember one talk where the guy stood up on the stage for nearly the entire 6 minutes and didn't say a word. He managed to wrap his one leg around the podium--that was interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit