Lake of fire

by A Paduan 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

My apologies for dwelling on the 'death' thing this morning, but anyway...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Following spiritual death, a person might join, or be in already, a group (a lake of men, not the sea, but a lake) with a staple of 'fire and brimstone' - hence becoming that which they are not, or not becoming that which they are - the death of the soul.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

What do jws teach / understand as the lake of fire, and second death ?

...and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hotter than Hell?
    [From Applied Optics vol. 11, (14) 1972]

The temperature of Heaven can be rather accurately computed. Our authority is Isaiah 30:26,

"Moreover, the light of the Moon shall be as the light of the Sun and the light of the Sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days."

Thus Heaven receives from the Moon as much radiation as we do from the Sun, and in addition 7*7 (49) times as much as the Earth does from the Sun, or 50 times in all. The light we receive from the Moon is one 1/10,000 of the light we receive from the Sun, so we can ignore that ... The radiation falling on Heaven will heat it to the point where i.e., Heaven loses 50 times as much heat as the Earth by radiation. Using the Stefan-Boltzmann law for radiation, (H/E) temperature of the earth (-300K), gives H as 798K (525C).

The exact temperature of Hell cannot be computed ... However Revelations 21:8 says

"But the fearful, and unbelieving ... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone."

A lake of molten brimstone means that its temperature must be at or below the boiling point, 444.6C. We have, then, that Heaven, at 525C is hotter than Hell at 445C.

• Valis
    Valis

After Armageddon...when 1000 years of perfection end they are gonna let Satan back out of his abyss and tempt all us perfect folks with things like steak, Pay Per View Lion Eats Lamb, and the 3034 Swimsuit Edition of Sports Ilustrated.......if you succumb to these Satanic machinations and prove disloyal then into the lake of fire with your for good and then the real living perfectly forever starts for all the rest..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Flash
    Flash
    What do jws teach / understand as the lake of fire, and second death ?

They symbolize eternal destruction, not a living torment. After Satan and all those who follow him are terminated, death itself is thrown into the lake. So this growing old and dying we've come to accept as normal for humans and animals will cease for humanity.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere
    what do jws teach / understand as the lake of fire, and second death?

They teach the lake of fire, which is the second death is everlasting destruction. I am no longer a JW but I do believe that,since the Bible at Revelation 20:14 says the lake of fire is the second death. That religion is a cult. I don't know if you know that. If you are talking to them, ask them why the Organization gave so many different dates as to the "end of the world." They will probably say because they are imperfect and make mistakes.The Bible at Mark13:32 says"No one knows the day or hour, not the angels,nor the son,only the Father knows." They claimed to know more than Jesus. The Watchtower of April 15,1943 said"God is the author of the Watchtower." If he is, he told a lot of lies. We know God does not lie. the Watchtower December 1, 1991 page 7 said"A religion that teaches lies can not be true."And they have told pleanty.

• Ex6:3
    Ex6:3

The "lake of fire" means or symbolizes the "second death." The expression "second death" distinguishes this death, which is permanent and everlasting and from which there is no resurrection, from the death brought upon the human race by Adam.

Adamic death is one "kind" of death, a death that all men inherit through no personal fault of their own. The "second death" is another "kind" of death. Individuals that go into the "second death" do so of their own deliberate choice of sin toward God. This is evident by the action of those the Bible speaks of as being sentenced to the "second death." Further evidence as to what the "lake of fire" represents and the judgment of this death is found in Revelation 21:7, 8.

That first kind of death would have been permanent had it not been for the love and undeserved kindness of God in providing Christ?s sacrifice. The "second death" is permanent.

Those in the "lake of fire" do not have life. Their names are not written in any "book of life." And life is life, whether spent in pleasure or in suffering pain. Accordingly, there is no consciousness or feeling of pain or suffering in the "lake of fire," because there is no life there at all. -

I hope this answer some questions..

Te..

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome Ex6:3 (your alias led me to this thread!).

You might wish to read http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/71230/1.ashx for some interesting background.

• gumby
    gumby

Anyone stupid enough to believe a creator would torture someone eternally because of sinning for 70 years, is a stupid as the asswipe who preaches such nonsense. Nothing boils my blood more than the hellfire doctrine as this was ONE of the 'snags' I encountered with christianity that turned me away from it.

Gumby

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

Anyone stupid enough to believe a creator would torture someone eternally because of sinning for 70 years, is a stupid as the asswipe who preaches such nonsense.

If such evidence is credible then I would say belief in said teachings is not stupid regardless of someone else's perception of its plausibility.

Nothing boils my blood more than the hellfire doctrine

A doctrine perpetrated by some denominations.

this was ONE of the 'snags' I encountered with christianity that turned me away from it.

But if you liked it better then you would have believed it?

• Mac
    Mac

Damn........I could have used a lake of fire a couple of days ago ........

ponds were about half frozen and this damned yellow lab pup went through the ice the day before St. Pat's.

mac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit