"Organized to do Jehova's Will" Book contents

by DaCheech 40 Replies latest jw friends

• abbagail
    abbagail

You guys are ingenious! Especially iiz2cool and Mary, ROFLOL AND thank you for those lists!! Hysterical! If only those still "IN" would take them to heart. I sure hope the JWs I used to know are online and visiting here!

I think the last OM book was put out around 1984? I think I had two different OM-type books during my "tenure" as a JW (late 70s to 1990). Wonder what "color" the new one will be? Both of the prior ones were green, if I remember correctly. Funny they will have that place in the front to fill in your name, lol. Like a big secret codebook or something. I mean, think: Why would any so-called "Christian" book need to be so selectively distributed? This "brotherhood" acts more and more like the secret societies every day. Duh, wonder why? = "You only get a copy of THIS book once you are 'FULLY INITIATED.' "

----

Neo: The FDS takes the place that would naturally belong to the Holy Spirit... Are they bordering on blasphemy or what?

TheEdge: Hmmmmmm Neo - made me think - do you think there's also subliminal messages in the literature?
    ----

DITTO to the above two comments. This weighs on my mind a lot and it isn't often I stop thinking about it. Briefly (from things I've been learning & opening my eyes to over the past few years):

1. WT/FDS also put themselves in place of the Holy Spirit back when they made the change in the two baptismal questions in 1985, ie, From "Jehovah God, the Father, Jesus Christ, the Son, and the Holy Spirit" to "Father, Son, and God's Spirit-DIRECTED ORGANIZATION." (paraphrasing, but the actual questions can be seen online here at JWD or at Quotes' website, etc.) That sure sounds to me like a total REPLACEMENT of the Holy Spirit for the BORG, as Neo says.

2. Re: Subliminal messages in literature: I've heard it said the WT and the NWT promotes "the spirit of antichrist" (which doesn't surprise me in view of the fact its Greek Scriptures, as we all know, were based on Westcott & Hort's "New Greek Text," which (I didn't realize until recently) was translated during the same 30-year period those two guys founded/were members of "The Ghost Society" -- a spiritist organzation in the 1800s. (Don't feel bad, though, the NASB and NKJV - and maybe some others - were also based on W&H's text, and are also said to be peddling "the spirit of antichrist.")

3. I've written this before but I can't help but wonder if WT truly is part of the New World Order plan to produce antichrist, along with it's One World Religion, and hence, has its members "primed in advance" to accept antichrist (thinking he's the real Christ because JWs don't believe in a literal antichrist); and they are also "primed" for a New World Society/New World Order; and they named their very own Bible "New World Translation;" and they do not believe in the rapture nor a literal "mark of the beast," nor that God has anymore to do with literal Israel so they ignore EVERYTHING that is going on over there, etc.

So, it really does concern me, that when all these things begin occurring, the poor JWs are going to be left in a loop with their heads spinning, and all because the FDS led them (and formerly myself) down the WIDE GATE leading to destruction.

Ho Hum. Back to the hilariouos-comments. I got too serious all the sudden. :-/
    /ag

• abbagail
    abbagail

AlmostAtheist: 'THIS BOOK BELONGS TO...'

That is soooooo cute! LOL. The "printing company" should make cute little stickers, just like so, to "paste" inside the books, preferably in the design of -- what else -- a watchtower, of course! LOL.
    /ag

• abbagail
    abbagail

Honesty wrote: Trusting "the Faithful and Discreet slave" As they sacrifice souls to Satan, the god of the Watch Tower. --- FWIW, I heard, from a video I bought a few months back http://www.cuttingedge.org/detail.cfm?ID=753 , that among other tidbits, the WT (and subsequently all JWs) were under bondage to this "strongman": the Egyptian god, RA-HOOR KHUIT, the Hawk-Headed god of War! :-/ /ag

• Neo
    Neo

Mary,

That's different than the one I've got:

1. Organanized to do Ted Jaracz' Will

2. Recognizing Christ's non-existant role in Our Gods arrangement

3. Trusting "the Faithful and Discreet slave"---Not A Smart Move

4. How the congregation is beat into submission organized and governed

5. Overseers to badger and blame shepherd the flock for all the problems in the Borg

6. Ministerial servants kiss ass render valuable service

(...)

I cracked myself up when I read this. Too funny!!

Neo

• Neo
    Neo

AA,

As soon as I read this, it made me think of the "belongs to" page in the cover of every children's book:

(...) It's all about "Look how important you are, you were issued a special book that only people like you can have." Give 'em a little taste of power and they'll always come back for more.

That's it. They view the R&F as little children; a very paternalistic attitude. The same "This book belongs to" is also found in the Benefit from Theocratic Ministry School Education and Learn from the Great Teacher books.

• Neo
    Neo

TheEdge said:

do you think there's also subliminal messages in the literature?

No, I don't think there's anything "subliminal" in the publications - even in the artwork - that could be put there on purpose to influence the reader below the level of conciousness. The WT leaders laugh when they are told that "apostates" teach that the WT publishes subliminal propaganda, because they know they don't waste their time doing that. They operate on other levels of mind control, like repetition and mind-numbing routine.

What I do find deeply ironic is their unvoluntary self-promotion to the role of Third Person of the Trinity in the opening chapters of the new book. They didn't do that conciously and actually trapped themselves with their own words.

That's what happened: The WT came to understand that, now that their days of glory are over, they have to constantly reinforce the basis of their authority, which is the "faithful and discreet slave" doctrine. So they thought of including in the new book a whole chapter about the FDS. But, in order to accomplish that, the chapter sequence had to be rearranged. So the old Chapter 2, "Benefiting from Theocratic Subjection", was moved to the latter part of the book and the new FDS chapter was introduced. They tried to include it as early in the book as possible, but probably didn't feel like it should be put as the introductory chapter (of course) or before the chapter about "Christ's role". So it turned out to be the third chapter.

What was the result? The first three chapters ended up combining into a Trinitarian formula:

(1) Organized to do Jehovah's Will

(2) Recognizing Christ's role in God's arrangement

(3) Trusting "the Holy Spirit Faithful and Discreet Slave"

It's a kind of divine irony that they blew their fragile façade by unintentionally putting forth a parody of the Trinity that sounds blasphemous in light of orthodox Christian doctrine.

abbagail,

Although I don't share your theories on subliminal messages in WT literature and antichrist conspiracies, I agree with the following:

WT/FDS also put themselves in place of the Holy Spirit back when they made the change in the two baptismal questions in 1985, ie, From "Jehovah God, the Father, Jesus Christ, the Son, and the Holy Spirit" to "Father, Son, and God's Spirit-DIRECTED ORGANIZATION." (paraphrasing, but the actual questions can be seen online here at JWD or at Quotes' website, etc.) That sure sounds to me like a total REPLACEMENT of the Holy Spirit for the BORG, as Neo says.

The WT constantly assigns to itself roles that are commonly associated in the Bible to God, Christ or the Holy Spirit. The change in the baptismal questions are a classic example of that and I came to the same conclusions in a Baptism talk Thread. Have a look at it!

Neo

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Book color is green

Also the naming inscription is: "possibly trying to stop the book from being sold on ebay or such"?

that way if the book circulates, they know who it came from?

In that case, can the apostate owner, just rip off that page and then sell it?

• Thirdson
    Thirdson
    First Page... This Book issued to I.P. Freely Date_Feb 30, 2005____ Place of baptism_The Bath Tub__ Date_It was a Wetday

It sort of lends itself to school textbook humor.

3rd

• POs Son
    POs Son

When do you suppose they will announce the reissue of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures? Perhaps some new light, like some revealing translation errors, showing that the Greek word for orginization translates directly to "25 Columbia Heights", or maybe omiting the name Jesus entirely? Maybe the new new bible will have a fourth holy entity, Jehovah, his Son, Jesus, his active force the Holy Spirt, and his favorite printing company, WTBTS?

Ha

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Just like Microsoft (have to issue new versions to make $$$$$$$) the WT will continuously re-issue stuff to make money.

By the way they are cost cutting heavily these days. My friend is a literature servant coordinator for the KH (4 congregations)... and he says that when people

order books that the society has decided to stop printing: He has to call all local KH and locate that book and get for that person, before he tell Publisher that publication is not available any more!

Imagine how much work this "privilege" involves! In the meantime they are saving money out of all ends, and charging KH "paperwork processing fees"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit