Seven Churches

by myelaine 7 Replies latest jw friends

• myelaine
    myelaine

Hello,

Does anyone know what the WBTS says re: the letters to the churches in the book of Revelation? Do these letters mean anything to the annointed/remnant?

Just curious, thanks.

michelle

• Badger
    Badger

Geez, the whole Revelation Climax book starts out with that. In typical JW fashion, they spend a whole chapter on five scriptures. I think it's mostly a chance to point out the flaws that most congregations today have in their eyes.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Don't know the JW spin but have my own!

carmel

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

each one seems to have its own application or meaning. they don't seem to follow any pattern except on the basis of previous doctrine. i didn't even bother to read all of them because their applications are such cop outs

• Honesty
    Honesty

It depends on the current "New Light" they are recieving through the spirit directed Governing Body.

• myelaine
    myelaine

"Don't know the JW spin but have my own!

carmel"

And moreover, because the Preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yes, he pondered and sought out and set in order many proverbs. The Peacher sought to find acceptable words; and what was written was upright-- words of truth. The words of the wise are like goads, and the words of scholars are like well-driven nails, given by one Shepherd. And further, my son, be admonished by these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is wearisome to the flesh. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. (Ecclesiastes 12:9-13) You who dwell in the gardens, the companions listen for your voice-- let me hear it! (Son of Solomon 8:13) love michelle

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

The witnesses think that, the 7 cong.. refer to the anointed congs. in 1914. As they think everyone was anointed at that time period and going to heaven. I, personally think, this is faulty thinking as well, as the 1914 thing.

• myelaine
    myelaine

"178) This is not a Cause which may be made a plaything for your idle fancies, nor is it a field for the foolish and faint of heart. By God, this is the arena of insight and detachment, of vision and upliftment, where none may spur on their chargers save the valiant horsemen of the Merciful, who have severed all attachment to the world of being.((?)) These, truly, are they that render God victorious on earth, and are the dawning-places of His sovereign might amidst mankind." the Kitab-i-Aqdas

Now... it is in my heart to make a covenant with the LORD God of Israel, that His fierce wrath may turn away from us.

My sons, do not be negligent now, for the LORD has chosen you to stand before Him, to serve Him, and that you should minister to Him and burn incense.

( 2 Chronicles 29:10-11)

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit