Blood Brothers

by lilybird 3 Replies latest watchtower medical

• lilybird
    lilybird

I watched an interesting and inspiring story last night on a Canadian show called Fifth Estate. It actually takes place in Britain and the story is about a British couple faced with the posiblity of their young son dying of a rare blood disorder. They are not JW's and obviously I don't think a witness family would be able to take on this treatment for their child. The link to this story is www. cbc.ca/fifth...Its amazing that this technology exists today to save young lives.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

lily,

I also found the fifth estate on blood brothers very fascinating and I was wondering what Jw's would do.

wanna

• rebel8
    rebel8

I am a person with a severe blood disorder. When I was forced to be a JW as a child, my mother put me in danger of death too many times for me to count, due to the fear the hospital would force blood on me. She would not seek medical attention when I needed it.

OTOH, not that I have one kind word to say about the b0rg, but I probably would have died if I had continued to receive Factor VIII transfusions in the 1980s, when no pasteurized product was available. I would have definitely contracted HIV.

The HIV risk wasn't known though, so I cannot credit my mother with making a decision that was in the best interests of my health. She was still a negligent parent, IMO.

• lilybird
    lilybird

Hello rebel8, life is so difficult already without all the health problems like you have to endure. Im sorry your mother involved you in a life where you had no control. As you say, the only bright spot was not contracting HIV. Hopefully your life is back on track, and a healthy one for you. At least now, you have options to make your life a healthy one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit