Another Death due to blood refusal

by Hondo 4 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Hondo
    Hondo

Did anyone watch the medical reality show, "Critical Hour", about a week ago? For those that have never watched it before it follows the first few hours of emergency treatment of actual victims of car accidents, gun shot wounds, normal accidents, etc. One of the victims of the show of a week or so ago was a elderly woman (70+), and a Jehovah Witenss. She apparently had a serious fall and was bleeding pretty severely in and around the brain. To survive, she required immediate surgery to relieve the pressure within the head, which would have meant a necessary blood transfusion. Her husband, and another accompanying JW, was told that she would more than likely die without the surgery. To make a long story short the husband quoted JW beliefs, during a conversation with the doctor, stating that they were strong in their belief and that was that...The show ended with a report from the doctor that the wife had in fact died as a result of her injuries.

I'm not a JW and have a very hard time unerstanding how a husband, as in this case, can just sit back and watch his wife die...Why??? It seems suicidal and murderous all at the same time. Suicidal in that if she were conscious she may or may not have refused a transfusion and let herself die. Murderous in that her husband could have saved here life by simply saying yes, save my wifes life, to the doctors. I've read the various scripture passages the JW's quote justifying their refusal to transfuse blood and do not see how anyone, or organization, can interpret the quotes the way they do. It is obvious they are talking about animal blood, and, at least the way I read it, applicable to Jewish people only. How many JW's have died because of this insane belief? How many children?

Life is so precious. To let it simply pass away because of a rediculous belief is sad.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hi, welcome.

You are absolutely right. The reason they are so staunch in their belief's is that they are hooked on the concept of 'the truth'. They have been craftily led into accepting everything that a small group of men in Brooklyn have to say about the Bible. If you are really interested in how people get hooked into this shit, keep reading posts from this board. It is incredibly sad, its the reason I chose to be shunned by all my JW friends. The JW's are a well publicised cult.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> How many JW's have died because of this insane belief?

>> How many children?

Far too many. Here's a link to the "Watchtower Victims Memorial":

http://www.ajwrb.org/victims/index.shtml

Some members here have lost family members, even their own children, to this sick policy. The prohibition on blood predates the Jews, having been given to Noah. But the prohibition has always been on "eating" blood, and the JW's wrongly equate a transfusion with eating.

Dave

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

You might want to check out these web pages to find out more about the JW beliefs.

This one gives an overview:
    Jehovah's Witnesses: A Critical Analysis

NewLight2's Links Page

This link explains their use of a Greber's Bible Translation, a spiritist, to back of many of their beliefs.
    Johannes Greber's Home Page

Here is one that deals with Mind Control and Cults
    Mind Control - The BITE Model

NewLight2

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I might be still a JW but if I needed a transfusion I sure as hell would accept one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit