Fighting the Internet

by terraly 7 Replies latest jw friends

• terraly
    terraly

Apparently the Taliban agrees with the Watchtower on the evils of free information:
    http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010713/wr/tech_afghan_internet_dc_1.html

In some ways Afghanistan is a good glimpse at what "theocratic government" under the Watchtower would be like.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Teeraly,

Are you against theocracy?

• tergiversator
    tergiversator

Do you mean "theocracy" in the sense of God directly and unequivocably ruling over men? Or in the sense of men claiming the authority of God to rule absolutely over other men? Because once people start claiming to speak for God and ordering other people to do what they say he says, that's not theocracy in the strict sense of the word - that's tyranny of the worst kind.

I, for one, am glad the witnesses do not have their own country to mess up the way the Taliban has Afghanistan. I shudder to think of how dissenters, women, and children would be treated if they were not constrained by "the laws of the land".

-T.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

To Fredhall
    Men tried theocracy in the colony of Massachusetts. Have you ever heard of the Salem Witch Trials?

• patio34
    patio34

Terraly,

Thanks for that article.

Tergivesator, I shudder to think of 'theocracy' in the hands of JWs. Kid rebellious? Stone em. Wear clothes of 2 different fabrics? Stone em. Ask questions too much? Stone em. Have a beard? Well . . . and so it goes.

Pat

• VM44
    VM44

Only one comment I want to make.

THE RULERS OF TALIBAN ARE IDIOTS!!!!!

• Lindy
    Lindy

I guess they want the same thing that the WTBTS, and what most other religions want...CONTROL!

Quote from the article:

"''We want to establish a system in Afghanistan through which we can control all those things that are wrong, obscene, immoral and against Islam,'' he said."

Lindy

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

according to data and information

expert, the Internet holds the key for the advancement

in the world fast-lane communication system.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit