Saw a family member today

by Purza 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Purza
    Purza

So I went to a birthday party today . I went with my best friend who is also faded like me. The party was a tea house where we had high tea and dined on scones and finger sandwiches . It was quite fun.

As we were sitting there I noticed a family member of mine walk in who just happens to be a dub -- and a regular pioneer at that. She had three other dub friends with her and I knew them all. I told my friend and we looked at them, but I am not sure if they saw us. My friend said that she saw this family member of mine at Safeway not too long ago and was "shunned" by this family member and her husband.

So they sat at the other end of the tea shop and probably noticed as our group (of 20) sang happy birthday and ate cake. About 30 minutes later we left and as I walked out I heard the dubs call my name, "Purza" and I just pretended not to hear them. The tea house was noisy anyway, so I felt I could get away with it. I just walked straight out the door and stood out on the street for awhile waiting for my friend and none of the dubs came after me.

It has taken me a while to get to this point, but I had no fear when I saw these people and I really could have cared less what they thought of me. I am sure I will get an email from my mother saying I was "seen" at a birthday party. To which I will laugh and not deny it. I feel liberated in not caring about what the dubs think of me anymore. Its a great feeling.

Purza

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I feel liberated in not caring about what the dubs think of me anymore. Its a great feeling.

Excellent!

It really is a great feeling isn't it! Freedom!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    About 30 minutes later we left and as I walked out I heard the dubs call my name, "Purza" and I just pretended not to hear them.

LMAO!

Good one!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Say, "That wasn't a birthday party, we wanted to go to the library and we had to do this to get the library card.". The Witnesses will believe it, no problem.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Congratulations, Purza. The first time I did this, I was shaking in my shoes. But it felt soooo damn good afterwards!

Jean

• Purza
    Purza

Thanks everyone for your replies and support.

This site has been really helpful to my "mental health" and I think really gave me the courage to not care.

Purza

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Purza I am so proud of you. Never hang your head in shame for anyone. You are your own person now and you showed that by ignoring them when one called out your name.

Congratulations and I am so happy your are finding you mental health improving and as well your confidence. Good luck'

Love Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit