UFO Thread

by TheEdge 7 Replies latest jw friends

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Bear with me. I intended to respond to Globetrotter's ''atheist thread'' as I remember (way back) reading that the origin of Jehovah (as I recall) was that in Mythology HE was one of two brothers. Anyway, I could not find where I obtained this information so I tried to Google it....still no joy.

I did, however, find something of interest (but I've lost the UFO thread to respond to, lol) - a quote from ''RECONCILIATION'' (1928) by JF Rutherford :- ''The Constellation of PLEIADES is the place of the eternal throne of God''.

BUT the society ended its belief that God lived in Plaeiades in 1953 (WATCHTOWER Nov 15, 1953).

Sorry if this has been posted before - it's all NEW news to me (both 1928 and 1953 being BEFORE my time).

• dh
    dh

• missy04
    missy04
    BUT the society ended its belief that God lived in Plaeiades in 1953 (WATCHTOWER Nov 15, 1953).

I have never heard that!!! That is interesting!!!!

~Sarah

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

i never knew that 'til i read it here. it's always been one of my favorite star clusters...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yes I have read it in the older publications My what a teany-tiny God Jehovah was back then. Only a few light years away. Practically next door niegbors by todays astronomical standards.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Thanks for your ''comical'' responses - lol - I just find it VERY odd that the Society (let alone anyone else) should believe/make up/witness that GOD resides in a Constellation. Where DO they get their BASIS from??

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

AM I GOING MAD? This is NEWS to me - I am finding it VERY difficult to believe that JW said that GOD resided in a constellation- where does this VAGUE IDEA come from?

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

Jehovah's Witnesses and the Pleiades Star Cluster

RECONCILIATION, page 14
    published by Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society
    Brooklyn, New York, U.S.A.
    Copyright 1928 by J. F. Rutherford
    BACK *** there's tons more stuff out there on the 'net...this is just one example.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit