congregational cliques

by chuckyy 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

JW's are very position minded. Pioneers hang out with each other as do Elders and MS. With all the admonition that they receive about "good spiritual association" it is bound to make cliques etc. How different the examples in the Bible where Jesus talked about helping those spiritual ill..after all those that were healthy did not need him. So in the JW religion if you are "spiritual weak" you get left out where in reality that is where they should be focused. And really who defines who is "spirtiually weak" that always made me laugh. Is it not the cliques themselves that make up who is weak and who is strong. No one really knows what is in the heart of anyone. Position is not the true definition of "spirtually strong" many of us know individuals that have positions with no heart involved in it.

Leslie

• upside/down
    upside/down

mmmmmmmmm positions.... -(Homer S)

u/d

• FairMind
    FairMind

Like several others mentioned, cliques are a part of human society. JWs have them but this is not a valid criticism of the religion, as you’ll find cliques everywhere.

FM

• blondie
    blondie

Fairmind, I understand what you are saying. But compare it to knives, most people have knives in their homes. If they use them to eat their food, no problem. If they use them to stab people in the back.....

Love, Blondie

• Kaique
    Kaique

in the bOrg, i heard this expression "bOrg" several times and know that refer organization, but why "bOrg", what means this?

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Fair Mind---I would agree there,but no other group acts so self rightous,and claims to be 'no part of the world'.If the borg didn't falsely make these claims over and over and over again,I would say yeah,cliques are normal.

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

That term comes from Star Trek. Referring to ppl infected with some kind of robot virus were called the Borg. (remember Seven of Nine--if you ever saw Star Trek the Next Generation?)

Of course I'm not that much of a Trekkie. But I think I'm on the right track. I may be one movie or one series off.

laters

kaykay_mp

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Not too bad in mycongregation but a neaby congregation is very cliquey

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    cliques are a part of human society

jehovahs witnesses aren't supposed to be like us and they're supposed to love all of their "brothers and sisters in the truth", therefore cliques have no place in kingdom halls.

• frozen one
    frozen one

The congregation I grew up in was pretty small and there were four of us who were the same age. Three of us went to one high school and I was the only witness in my school. Anyway, the three of them formed a clique and they would go do things together quite often. After they had gone out on an outing, they would always let me know what they had done. The conversation would go like this:

Them: "We went to a movie last night."

Me: "That must of been fun."

Them: "It was. We had a blast. We thought about calling you."

Me: "Oh."

Back then I didn't really know how to vebalize myself after being slapped down like that and I was pretty polite even when someone was being rude. To be honest it did hurt to be excluded especially being in an area where there were not very many people that I was allowed to be social with. If it happened today, after years of working construction and hanging out with bikers, I'd probably reply by saying something like, "Go f**k yourselves."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit