Where is this scripture located in the Bible?

by Cicatrix 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

"Time and unforseen occurence befall us all" It's driving me nuts trying to find it! Thanks:) Cic

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

googled it.. got this at the wtbs website Because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all," answers wise King Solomon.?Ecclesiastes 9:11.

king james version reads : I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

11 I returned to see under the sun that the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise also have the food, nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.

Ecclesiastes 9 vs 11

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i think this is the biblical way of saying we're all screwed.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I just cut and pasted from WT Library CD-ROM

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Thank you everyone! Now I can get some sleep tonight:) I never thought about checking out the WTS site, lol.And I got rid of my WTS books (it was cathartic, but sometimes now I wish I would've kept a few for reference). I never did had the CD ROMs.The "donation" was more than I could afford.Someone was kind enough to lend me their set for awhile though. It was pretty nifty. Lol, Candidly.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I never did had the CD ROMs.The "donation" was more than I could afford.

The llatest versions can all be copied to hard disk and run from there -I know a few brothers who just get the latest version and share it amongst themselves copy on to their hard disks so they never have to worry about contributing a donation

• under74
    under74

Cicatrix-

http://www.biblegateway.com/ has a search for words or phrases in many versions of the bible....I do think it's run by a religious group (I haven't really looked into it) but it's a good place to find scriptures you you're not sure the book or verse of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit