Nostalgia isn't what it used to be...

by Elsewhere 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I bought an Atari 2600 off of Ebay (you'd be surprised how cheap they are) and I hooked it up tonight and played some of my favorite games of old... Pac Man, Combat, Berzerk, Donkey Cong, Frogger, etc... and guess what... they SUCK!

I thought I was going to go down memory lane, only I forgot just how BAD those games were.

Wow, I remember my dad paying over $100 for one of those when I was a kid... what the hell were we thinking???

• troucul
    troucul

you should have played the old commodore 64 games...Hardball was by far the best baseball game ever. The stuff they got today is too complicated.

I tried downloading the c64 programming with games to play on my pc, but to no avail. anyone have any suggestions on how to do that?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Dude! I LOVED the C64!!!

That is how I got my start in computers. I cut yards all summer long between seventh and eighth grade to buy one.

If you want an old Commodor computer (not a C64, not sure what it is) contact PettyGrudger, she has one down in her basement. It looks like a cross between a Commodor and an old IBM.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

remember old computer games? heres a website with those on it.. it has all kinds of older puter games on it.

leisure suit larry is hilarious

http://www.abandonia.com/genre.php?genre=allgames&page=0

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Well, I bought my son the old midway games on xbox, and it had Rampage on it! I used to love that game when i was around 13! I have so much fun playing Lizzy

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

http://www.etch-a-sketch.com/html/onlineetch.htm

I am still nostalgic about these things...

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Ok dude, now you've done it! Pac man is my all time favorite game. That is a low hit!

• new light
    new light

It is amazing how much we used to pay for what seems so boring now. Does anyone remember "Vectrex", a self contained game system/monitor with the crudest of white line graphics, released in 1982? Every cartridge came with a tranlucent colored screen that would fit over the monitor giving the illusion of a full-color game. I still have mine, and it makes the 2600 look like a PS2.

A friend of mine has an original arcade "Donkey Kong" in his rec room. It sucks, but at least we don't have to put in quarters. Besides, when you've been partying all day, the Konger is pretty challenging.

• new light
    new light

By the way, Elsewhere, your thread title is hilarious!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit