My friend made a funny comment today about JW's!!!!!

by redhotchilipepper 3 Replies latest jw friends

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Hi y'all!!! I was talking to my best friend tonite! I was telling her about this forum and how I've met really nice people here who I can relate to. We have been friends for a very long time so she knows my JW history. I was telling her how to discourage JW's from coming to her door and we were having a good laugh about it! Well no lie, she says to me! Oh when I see somebody coming down the street with papers and a cheap suit I know it's JW's and I just don't answer the door! I was LMAO! Papers and a cheap suit. I said, that is priceless. I'll have to remember that! I recall somebody saying something about cheap suits in a thread and it made me laugh so hard. She hates JW's because she has seen all the crap they've put me through in life. Anyways I thought it was funny and I thought I'd share it with you for a laugh. It's free, right!!!! RHCP

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi RedHot,

When my brother and I were young my dad would buy us a suit each year. We would wear the same suit to every Sunday meeting for the whole year.

Thanks for reminding me of those times.

Ken P.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

To be honest the whole suit thing wound me up more then anything.

I used to work in high-fashion menswear when I first started going to meetings. And although I was a good little JW, and would do anything I was told to do. I just could not bring myself to wear a suit.

My solution was to wear mix and match jackets and trousers, at least that way you could be a little more individual.

The flack I got for this was ridiculous.

Did any one else have this problem?

I remember thinking at the time, when my sins were being highlighted, your suit is made of nylon it?s creased has never been washed and is too small for you?but I suppose it does conform.

• vitty
    vitty

My husband has to wear a suit for work, so he ended up wearing a suit everyday of the week!!!!!

Sometimes hed miss field service on a Saturday cos he just couldnt face putting one on, on his day off

And he used to complain about having to shave "every"day I really didnt understand, but then I wasnt a very understanding person when I was in the troof

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit