What happens when you die??

by mysterio91 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mysterio91
    mysterio91

It's been over a year now since my dad died. I feel sad about it a lot because I don't believe I will never see him again. I realised today that being raised a dub has closed my eyes to different views on death.

What do some of you believe happens after death?? It doesn't have to be Bible based. I'm just trying to get a broad range of views.

• Neophulis
    Neophulis

I merely believe in the concept of heaven and being judged for the way you live your life. Whether you adhered to God's standard of being a loving human being or if you lived your life cold and callous towards many.

I also believe that you will be judged by having to view your entire life play out in 3rd person and having to answer for your actions throughout your life. Whether you mainly participated in good deeds vs. being malicious and cruel. Good vs. Evil kinda thing you know?

I know my concept is very vague, but I feel that this is just a stepping stone for something higher. We weren't put on this earth to just do one thing, we have a goal and once it's achieved there will be many other levels to continue forward. Whether you are accepted to advance to those next levels is up to our Creator. Only he can judge you regardless of what the WT as an organization feel they can place upon you for not following their code of conduct.

It kinda sound like a videogame in where you advance through levels but I see no reason why it wouldn't be like that. I mean, am I the only one who fears an existence of doing the same thing forever...I mean honestly, what can you do that would take up all of eternity. It's scary because it will never stop...EVER!!! Whether you're doing good things or fun things, it wouldn't stop. If what the JWs believe in would come true, you'd be picking fruit from trees smiling forever and participating joyous conversations for oh....FOREVER! Nothing else to it. Boring if you ask me and doesn't make sense. I think that if we were placed by a God/Creator then he would give us something more constructive to do than feed our fat faces in with fruit all day long. Maybe he saw that we as humans would get bored of the Garden of Eden and thus gave us the chance to inherit Sin to change his original plans. To us it wouldn't make sense, nor would we understand it if he "just changed it" but if we were to go through an evolution process and become smarter and learn from generation to generation then we would develop a much deeper sense of life and what it is to enjoy this wonderful gift. Without the love that he has left for all of us to partake in, which is free by the way, we could never enjoy life. And when it says in the beginning that Adam and Eve were blind, they probably would've never realized what we as humans realize now.

Through my experiences, I enjoy just looking out to the sky, enjoying a nice breeze, listening to water flow when I go fishing and just enjoying all the fruit that our Creator has left for all of us. I do what I can to be a good person but I can't allow myself to get sucked up in a endless whirlpool of paranoia expecting for "the end of the current system of things!" We all will die and we can't fight it. To me, the WT is a spiritual Fountain of Youth because they all feel that they will get to live forever...but is living forever truly a reward or torture?

I fear the possibility of eternal damnation so I try to live a fun life while still showing love for others and hoping that God understands that I would love to follow in his footsteps if I was 100% sure that the "truth" that I am being told was indeed the actual truth.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Re: What happens when you die??

"THE END !" (for me) and life goes one for others anyway ... (maybe a part of me in anything else and why not everything). Actually it would join buddhism but it gets the sinfull part and eternal ego/individuality and karma out of the way ...

We are mother nature (as a whole) ... as we are just universal by nature

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

In this regard, I still hold on to the theory taught as a JW: All thoughts, feelings, deeds, etc., come to an end in death.

I'm quite cool with that belief. I rather like it and hope it's so when I die.

DY

• FairMind
    FairMind

I also believe that when you die you basically cease to exist. I don't beleive in the idea of an immortal soul and truly believe in Jesus' teaching of a resurrection. If I'm worng then I'm wrong but that is what I believe.

FM

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

The same thing that happens in the other forum!

• justhuman
    justhuman

The soul is the gift of God to humans. This soul came to existence when God created Adam. Adam is not the first human that was created on earth. In fact humans have been for tens of thousand of years on earth. Adam received the spiritual form of God. That is why we have the soul. The soul never dies it exists as an indivitual person knowing exactly who that person was.

In fact near death experiences give us a proof that the soul exists and that it goes to the place that it came for: God

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

when we die the living will shed a few tears, dig a hole, and drop your lifeless, maggot ridden corpse inside. That's it, end of story. there is no paradise, heaven, hell, no extra terrestrial judgement, no spiritual karma or re-incarnation.

Even if there was why should you care? Did you spend your entire time as a sperm preparing for your life outside the womb or did you just swim around and try to be the best sperm you could be? Never live for the afterlife when you have a perfectly good life to live now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit