1992 murder conviction is upheld - William Carlson

by Dogpatch 43 Replies latest jw friends

• mizshuckiduck
    mizshuckiduck

Hello

I realize this is an old topic, but I have only become aware of this board as of about 5 minutes ago. I am no longer a JW, nor have I been since I was 17 (am now 30) by my own volition. I do periodic searches on Willie to see if there are any new things on his case and found this thread.

I find this topic very interesting as I knew Willie when we were kids. I shared bunk beds with him. My mother "studied" with his mother, Sandy starting in 1984 and we remained extremely close until they moved to their final house just shy of 2 years later. We still remained close after that, but didn't get to see them as often. Then we moved to SD in late 1986, but kept in touch by phone. On Christmas Day, 1990, I tried to phone Paul & Sandy to see how they were doing and say hello as I loved them and saw them as like an aunt & uncle and hadn't spoken to them in a few months. I saw Willie as a strange cousin. This was the day I found out he had murdered them. My life changed that day and I experienced heartbreak like I have not known even to this day.

You see, even as a child, Willie wasn't "normal". While my mom would study with his mom, I would study with Willie. He would spend the time asking me things like "If someone stripped you naked, stabbed you and threw you in a dumpster, what would you do?" Me being 10 replies, "Well, I guess I would cry and try to get out". But he would persist with these kinds of questions until I would obviously get uncomfortable and threaten to tell and he would stop. This was how he was. I never saw physical abuse. I think the strictness of growing up a JW is so mentally confining it tends towards abuse. But I stayed with the family for significant periods of time and I firmly and wholeheartedly swear no malicious abuse was going on. And the strictness of the religion is no reason to murder your parents pre-meditatedly and rape your mother's body before robbing them and running away.

If any of you have contact with Willie, my name is Hillari. My maiden name was Osmond. I'm Bekki's daughter. Just ask him. He's a liar if he says he doesn't know me.

I understand the anger a lot of us have towards the organization. I have quite a bit myself. But please, don't see Willie as the victim in this. He most certainly is not. Whatever you want to project on these true victims that you probably had never met, please know that they deserved better than what they got.

• sf
    sf

{{ Warm welcome to the forum }}

sKally

• alias
    alias

I remember the shock and horror running through the congregations and community when this happened. We were all in the same circuit. It was horrible.

alias

• king382
    king382

Yes. I remember when that happened. It was all over the news and on TV. I used to live a few houses from Willie. I was about 14. I think his parents and their J dub W friends even knocked on our door a few times. I remember a few days before the bodies were discovered I was doing my paper route. I came up to the mailboxes across from their front door. I was all bundled up. It was cold. It must've been 30 to 35 degrees outside and I noticed their front door was wide open and they just had their screen door closed with the screen over it. And I asked myself, that's strange? It's freezing cold outside. Why would they let all that cold air into the house? I just kept going before I lost daylight.

• Wysteria
    Wysteria

Okay... I am curious about some of the people talking on this site and some of the MIS information given! I am his Aunt....... Paul Carlson, Willie's Father was my Brother and some of the stuff said on here is CRAP! Willie was NEVER sexually abused by his father!!! Why would you lie about a dead man???? Shame on you! I have and still to talk/write to Willie on a regular basis..........maybe you should think before you write stuff on here!

• badboy
    badboy

NO ONE'S SAID HE WAS SEXUALLY ABUSED, only mentally abused, SO GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!

• badboy
    badboy

NO ONE'S SAID HE WAS SEXUALLY ABUSED, only mentally abused, SO GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Actually Badboy,

Willsadvocate said this: "If Jehovah loves him and watches him so much then where was Jehovah when he was being brutally sexually abused by his father and mentally fucked over by his mother???!!!!"

I would say that that is what Will's aunt was referring to. Sometimes it helps to read all the posts before defending the statements of all. Personally I have to be pretty passionate to read all the posts myself. Sometimes people just ramble off shit. (Sorry) That's why I tend to keep it short and to the point.

Either way, you kill someone, you pay. Religion aside, dont kill people.

Poor Will, a victim of life's capricious flim flams. We all have our own tragedies in life, some do time, some dont. Some get off clean. Hope someone here was able to navigate life with the least amount of victimization.

God knows I didn't.

W.Once

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

There are a number of people who post here who know or knew Willie as well as his parents.

I worked w/ the private investigator that work on Willie's case. I actually gave the guy a lot of the JW literature that was used in his defense. I worked in the court house and knew many of the major players for his case. I saw the psychology reports that were rendered. Willie was messed up but his claims always switched depending on what he was trying to prove to the shrink or person he was talking to. The defense was to smeer the parents and to use the religion as an excuse for his behavior. Sorry but no one believed he was sexually abused. As for mental abuse, maybe. But guess what the kids he went to school w/ at Warren hated him and tormented him not because he was a JW but because he had serious problems. He had JW friends but even they thought he was weird. He had an obsession with death from the time he was a young kid. I truly believe that regardless of what his parents raised him as Willie had mental problems and would act out in a brutal way.

Look at all the killers out there, were they all raised as JWs, no. Fact remains Willie brutally killed his parents and did some HORRIBLE things to his mother after he killed her. I love when reports say "so and so killed his parent because they were too strict." and then the next report on the next killer says "so and so killed his parents because he had no boundaries and his parents were too lenient" Well which is it.

All I have to say is, this kid had serious problems and for the person who is defending him, I don't believe you have all the facts. I believe you are swayed by your emotions and not the facts in the case. Regardless of what his parents did to him, he had relatives who testified that they would have taken him in if he needed a place to go. He chose to act out a fantasy, a sad sick fantasy. Now he is paying the price of his actions.

• 4real
    4real

I do feel sorry for Willie(i did go to school with him) so i know the type of person he was, by the way he dressed, what he brought or didnt bring for lunch, how kids treated him, he didn't have a great time in highschool, he was picked on all the time, but us as individuals have ways of changing things, there's people to talk to, teachers, relatives, counselors.. Everyone has a voice and he was a very smart kid, i mean he basically got A's all the time. So brains he did have. Now for what he did to his parents, awful, no one gives anyone the right to take it out on your own parents. Kids now adays don't have a voice, they think that they need to keep quiet about everything. There was other things he could have done, and i know you all are gonna be like well his parents hurt him and they deserve it, well if you know someone is doing something bad to you, hurting you, messing with your head you get help. He was old enough to ask for help, he just didnt do it. We all tend to let things happen and just live with it, thats not how things work. Use your head, tell the authorities and leave it up to them!!!!! Your only hurting yourself in the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit