Anyone had disk replacement surgery?

by Tinkerbell4125 6 Replies latest social physical

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Hey Guys, I know it's been awhile since I've been here. Hubby *CC* thought it might be a good idea to post and see if any of you have had disk replacement. Some of you may know that I had a disk in my neck replaced about 5 weeks ago. If you had the surgery, how long afterwards did you experience pain, or did you find instant relief? I've got the same pain that I had pryor to my surgery, in fact I feel worse than before!!! I start physical therapy on Tuesday, so I'm hoping that that will give me some relief. I've still got the burning in my arm, down my back shoulder blade and nerve pain in my fingers. It throbs like something is stabbing me up in under my finger nails in my hand. It hurts and I'm so tired of hurting. and of course I get no encouragement from my loving j.w. family!

Have any of you had anything simular to this? If so, how long did you start feeling like a human afterwards?

I'm sorry it's been awhile since I've been here. I really don't feel like I have the right to even post since I haven't posted in such a while. So if I get no replies, I'll understand.

I'm just really fustrated, I've broke down crying several times in fustration and CC thought maybe some of you guys might be able to give me some encouragment. Does it get better?

Down in the dumps, Tink

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Tinkerbell...... first, I got to tell ya...I am so glad to see you and CC around this forum again.

I have never had a disc replacment but have had several other joint surgerys. I can tell you one thing.. they are slow getting over. You are about to "cowboy up" like you never thought you would ever have to in your whole life.

The PT will help.. a lot. YOU will think the therapist is a sadist... he is. I know you are hurting and down right now but I can tell you it DOES get better. Do what they ask... it gets better.

Pain..... most of my doctors have been real good about pain management. Don't be afraid to take the meds..... or ask for changes or more if the ones you have dont get it done.

Take your time and let your body heal..... do the work but be patient..Let things heal and dont push. CC sounds like a top drawer guy... let him carry you for a while.

I think I can speak for many here...... we are all pullin' for ya .............

~~~~Hill (the TSA counts my screws at airports class)

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Glad to see you back too. We missed you here at JWD.

CC

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hey Tinkerbell,

we were missing you. Afraid that Blues has not got any words that will make the pain go away - But just a word of sympathy... I am soo sorry that you are still in pain...Really hoping that you are soon better

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hi tink..hope the pain eases soon. you had surgery in a delicate area, my uncle had disc replacement lower on his back and it took a good 3 or 4 mos before he could tell it helped.your nerve sacs are traumatized, its a surgery that takes a while to recover from. hang in there !

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Thanks guys! I appreciate your input and advice! I'm in physical theraphy and my doc seems to think that that will be the best thing for me, that and time. Thanks for the support!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Im afraid i looked at your question a bit too quickly......and winced!!

All the very best to you.!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit