1942 they were still waiting for princes

by Haereticus 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

I found this somewhat amusing old passage:

?The Lord Jesus has now come to the temple for judgment, and the remnant of the members of ?his body? yet on earth he has gathered into the temple condition of perfect unity with himself (Malachi 3:1-3), and hence those faithful men of old may be expected back from the dead any day now. The Scriptures give good reason to believe that it shall be shortly before Armageddon breaks.

In this expectation the house at San Diego, California, which house has been much publicized with malicious intent by the religious enemy, was built, in 1930, and named ?Beth-Sarim?, meaning ?House of the Princes?. It is now held in trust for the occupancy of those princes on their return. The most recent facts show that the religionists of this doomed world are gnashing their teeth because of the testimony which that ?House of the Princes? bears to the new world.? (The New World 1942 p. 104)

If I recall it correctly Beth Sarim was sold around 1947 and few years later this resurrection of princes was "adjusted". Obviously this was already from Fred's pen?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I think the gnashing was caused by strenous efforts to keep from laughing hysterically at the folly.

Of course Beth Sarim was really Rutherford's vacation house in sunny San Diego.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    "The most recent facts show that the religionists of this doomed world are gnashing their teeth because of the testimony which that ?House of the Princes? bears to the new world."

That is the sort of thing that we should be showing to new would-be jws when given the opportunity.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Sometimes the things the WT writes is just so plain stupid or moronic that I wonder whether they are mocking their own flock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit