Got re-married studied again, (nothings changed).

by PinTail 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• PinTail
    PinTail

Yup I studied again, after eight years and being shunned asfter
    reinstatement and staying away for eight years with an old brother, he was a good teacher kind and all, but when it came to the subject of the society's view on child abuse and shunning I heard the same old idiotic excrement. I thought they have changed in view of all the law litigations. Heck my older brother warned to keep the hell away, but I did not listen to him. It took my worldly wife to remind that its OK to not agree with them. I thought of the old lineage "where else can you go for sayings of everlasting life" blah blah blah. Shane

• Golf
    Golf

Chalk it up as experience. Many of us make the same mistakes over and over again. You need to make the best out of a given situation. Take care. Guest 77

• PinTail
    PinTail

Thank's, I guess its the (" your going to be destroyed feeling") that comes over me, sometimes old fears die hard. I am waiting for them to call me ask demand me to meet with in their little room.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Hi Pintail,

I thought of the old lineage "where else can you go for sayings of everlasting life" blah blah blah.

I guess its the (" your going to be destroyed feeling") that comes over me, sometimes old fears die hard.

It looks like their teachings are still hanging over your head. It's hard, but once you realize its all a load of #$&, hopefully you can lose the fear. Do some reading, here and other sites like Quotes', so that you can get to the point where you can see they are no different than any other religious Bible-thumping fundy group. Hang in there, No Apologies

• Flash
    Flash
    It took my worldly wife to remind that its OK to not agree with them.

She's right of course. Don't fall prey again to the cult culture that exists in the WTS. Stick to YHWH on a personal level and keep your distance from the Witnesses. IMO

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    I guess its the (" your going to be destroyed feeling") that comes over me

One way you can regularly figure who the messenger of light is

• But the angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid
    • Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid
    • He said to them, "Why are you afraid?
    • But the angel said to him, "Do not be afraid, Zechari'ah
    • And the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary
    • but he said to them, "It is I; do not be afraid."
    • Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Chill out - "Put off your shoes from your feet; for the place where you stand is holy."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit