Official WTBTS JW Chat Room

by Corvin 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Corvin
    Corvin

Didn't the official WT site once have a chat room for JW's?

I stumbled onto it a few years ago, but can't remember if it was the official site or not. I remember trying to access the chat room but they wanted my congregation name and location along with my PO's name and all my other personal information, so I bagged it . . .

Corvin

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

No idea but bethel has an intranet which is kinda weird. The NY boys being so corporate and the JWs so rural. I mean when I talk to my bethel friends it is like that corporate monestary they work at is a whole nother religion. Maybe the lack of personal freedom grants you more spiritual privilages. Sorta like the military. I mean how many places will let 19 year olds opperate billions of dollars of machinery with the capability of killings 1000s of people every day and only pay um a few 100 bucks a month.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    ?I mean how many places will let 19 year olds opperate billions of dollars of machinery with the capability of killings 1000s of people every day and only pay um a few 100 bucks a month.?

The US military, for one.

• gumby
    gumby
    few 100 bucks a month.?

It was 15 last I recall. It might be 20 by now.(Bethel ...that is)

Gumby

• blondie
    blondie

The WT administration does not and has never had an official chatroom. They don't even have an official e-mail address.

There have been individual JWs or groups of JWs who have set up chatrooms, some of the elders/POs. But they were never official.

Mostly these JWs set up DBs. Chatrooms are verboten by the WTS but somehow these JWs reason DBs are all right. It does stop people from posting their ICQs or equivalent and communicating that way.

JWs have ingenious ways of circumventing WTS "rules."

km 11/01 p. 6 Develop Your Perceptive Powers ***

As a result, they have fallen victim to radio and television talk shows with Scripturally objectionable content, to debasing music, or to bad influences in computer chat rooms.

km 11/99 p. 3 Use of the Internet?Be Alert to the Dangers! ***

Electronic mail can be sent to and received from people you do not know. The same is true when you converse electronically in a forum or in a chat room. Participants may at times claim to be Jehovah?s Witnesses, but often they are not.

Consider, for example, some Internet sites set up by individuals who claim to be Jehovah?s Witnesses. They invite you to visit their sites to read experiences posted by others who claim to be Witnesses. You are encouraged to share your thoughts and views about the Society?s literature. Some give recommendations about presentations that could be used in the field ministry. These sites offer chat rooms for individuals to connect to, allowing live communication with others, similar to talking on the telephone. They often point you to other sites where you can have on-line association with Jehovah?s Witnesses around the world. But can you tell for certain that these contacts have not been planted by apostates?

Sadly, some who were once our brothers and sisters have had to be disfellowshipped because of association that started by meeting worldly individuals in chat rooms on the Internet and eventually led to immorality.

In shocked disbelief, elders have written that some had actually left their husbands or wives to pursue a relationship that began on the Internet. (2 Tim. 3:6) Other individuals have disowned the truth because of believing information provided by apostates. (1 Tim. 4:1, 2) Given these very serious dangers, does it not seem reasonable to be cautious about becoming involved in chat sessions on the Internet?

• gumby
    gumby
    Sadly, some who were once our brothers and sisters have had to be disfellowshipped because of association that started by meeting worldly individuals in chat rooms on the Internet and eventually led to immorality.

And some sisters just plain ol' screw around with worldly men or brothers at the hall whether the internet is involved or not" Gumby 3:14

In shocked disbelief, elders have written that some had actually left their husbands or wives to pursue a relationship that began on the Internet.

"Elders have also written that witness husbands and wives sometimes cheat on each other whether the internet is involved or not" Gumby 18:5

• El blanko
    El blanko

Hey Corvin - you have gone all 'cold war' on me again - that avatar is fantastic. Glad to see it back.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

And some sisters just plain ol' screw around with worldly men or brothers at the hall whether the internet is involved or not" Gumby 3:14
    In shocked disbelief, elders have written that some had actually left their husbands or wives to pursue a relationship that began on the Internet.
    "Elders have also written that witness husbands and wives sometimes cheat on each other whether the internet is involved or not" Gumby 18:5
    LMAO@Gumbolicious! Or, they use the old fashioned "before the internet" method........they meet them at work and develop a "thang". Sunny 66:6
  • rocketman
    rocketman

I've gotta get the Book of Gumby. It appears to be much cooler (and more truthful) than that other "holy" book.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

You know... their stance against the Internet is just wtBtS (can you pick out the proper letters?).

You could substitute the word 'Internet' with 'telephone' - and that would ban their using telephones. After all... you cannot 'see' the person that you are talking to on the phone... you could be deceived ya know... talking to some evil person... *rolls eyes*

Did they also 'ban' CB radio when it was a fad? What about Ham radios? I knew a Ham radio operator who I know talked to folks... not JWs.

GET REAL!!!!!

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit