Janet Jackson, Now Single, Mulling Motherhood

by apostate 0 Replies latest jw friends

• apostate
    apostate

Janet Jackson, Now Single, Mulling Motherhood

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010703/re/people_jackson_dc_1.html

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Pop diva Janet Jackson is considering motherhood now that she is single and dating happily for the first time in her life.

``Now that I'm not married it has definitely crossed my mind,'' Jackson, 34, said on CNN's Larry King Live on Monday night. ``I don't feel like my biological clock is ticking and I have to rush into anything, but I have thought about it.''

Jackson, who kicks off an eight-month world tour on Thursday in Vancouver, has made a comeback from a second divorce and a four-year recording hiatus with ``All For You,'' an album described as a steamy tribute to sex and the single woman.

Jackson divorced second husband Rene Elizondo Jr. while preparing to make the album. The two had kept their eight-year marriage secret from all but a few family members and friends until they announced their split in February 1999.

Jackson told interviewer King she had no regrets about having hidden the marriage, saying that had helped stabilize the relationship.

An initially amicable parting turned bitter, amid reports that Elizondo was readying a $10 million suit and a tell-all book, she said.

``To suddenly see ... a totally different side of someone you never thought existed, that was -- it hurt. It really did hurt,'' Jackson said, adding that she and Elizondo no longer speak to each other.

Since the divorce, Jackson said she is dating for the first time. Her mother, a strict Jehovah's Witness, had discouraged her from seeing men without marriage as the aim.

``This is my first time doing it and I'm loving it. It's great,'' she said in the interview. ``It's like you normally -- you experience this in your teenage years, and that's something that I never really did.''

Jackson said she wrote most of the songs on ``All for You,'' which shocked some longtime fans with its sexually explicit lyrics and was banned in Singapore, to reflect what was ``within my heart and what I'm feeling.''

The title track launched as a single in March and spent several weeks at the top of the Billboard singles chart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit