Gems from August 2001 KM

by comment 5 Replies latest jw friends

• comment
    comment

What I loved about the majority of these quotes are the implications that an orthodox reader would be oblivious to.

You Are "a Theatrical Spectacle"! (Page 1)

Paragraph 5: "When you encounter opposition or think that your ministry is not getting results, remember that you are the center of universal attention."

THAT'S RIGHT: UNIVERSAL ATTENTION! (BUT OF COURSE, DON'T FORGET PSALM 8:4, IN CASE YOU EVER THINK YOU HAVE ANY IMPORTANCE OUTSIDE OF GOING IN FIELD SERVICE.)

How Important Is Christian Fellowship? (Page 1)

Paragraph 3: "Our Christian associates may call to our attention scriptures that address our personal concerns."

YES, HOW FINE AND UPBUILDING IT IS FOR FELLOW CHRISTIANS TO KEEP ON "MEDDLING WITH WHAT DOES NOT CONCERN THEM! (2 Thess. 3:11) THIS IS TRULY AN OUTSTANDING FEATURE OF OUR WORLDWIDE BROTHERHOOD!

Page 3: "Good Manners--A Trait of Godly People"

Paragraph 3: "Jesus Christ set the perfect example. He always practiced the Golden Rule: 'Just as you want men to do to you, do the same way to them.'"

YES, ALWAYS--EXCEPT FOR WHEN HE MOANED AND GROANED AT HIS MOTHER, VARIOUS PEOPLE SEEKING HEALING, HIS NOT-SO-PERFECT DISCIPLES AND ANY DUMMY WHO DIDN'T IMMEDIATELY REALIZE FROM HIS CLEAR AND DELIGHTFUL PARABLES THAT HE, SAY, WASN'T PROMOTING CANNIBALISM...

Paragraph 7: "After coming to a Kingdom Hall for the first time, a man said: 'I met more genuinely loving people, total strangers, in one day than I had ever met in the church in which I was raised. It was apparent that I had found the truth.'"

AN EFFECTIVE LOVE-BOMBING INDEED!

(THE BULK OF THE ARTICLE IS ABOUT WIPING YOUR SHOES, NOT CHEWING GUM, BEING ON TIME: MOSTLY KINDERGARTEN STUFF)

Page 8 is easy to sum up in terms of the thought process of the Writing Department.

"It's August. People actually take vacations."

"What should we tell the publishers?"

Article Title #1: "Keep Leisure In Its Proper Place"

Article Title #2: "Do You Want To Do More?"

(Hint: "Doing more" does not refer to camping, swimming or playing your acoustic guitar under an old oak tree.)

comment

• dedalus
    dedalus
    YES, ALWAYS--EXCEPT FOR WHEN HE MOANED AND GROANED AT HIS MOTHER, VARIOUS PEOPLE SEEKING HEALING, HIS NOT-SO-PERFECT DISCIPLES AND ANY DUMMY WHO DIDN'T IMMEDIATELY REALIZE FROM HIS CLEAR AND DELIGHTFUL PARABLES THAT HE, SAY, WASN'T PROMOTING CANNIBALISM...

And let's not forget how Jesus cursed a fig tree for not producing fruit out of season. Ah, how mild, wise, and even-tempered Jesus was ...

Dedalus, who don't need no moody messiah

• truman
    truman

Thanks, comment.

I always look forward with keen anticipation to each month's new edition of the 'Kingdom Ministry'. They are soooo upbuilding and informative, and always contain such motivating experiences and practical wisdom, plus those handy tips on proper decorum, as you mentioned. How humbling it is to realize that though we are mortal man, God is using us as the focus of his vindication. Every act we do will either cause angels to cheer or weep. Isn't it wonderful that the 'faithful and discreet slave' is there to keep us ever aware of this burden...oops..I mean privilege!

Aren't those KMs all the same. I have been reading them for nearly 30 years, and they seem completely interchangeable. I think they just have a handful of articles, and rotate them every couple of months.

• patio34
    patio34

Comment,

Thanks for the summary of the August WT and their 'timely reminders' of good uses of dubs' time to prevent them from enjoying their vacations too much.

I've not read one word, I think, of the WT and Awake since 3/01. It's due to FEAR that I'll fall down the rabbit hole again and not emerge for another 28 years.

But I enjoy knowing what new 'spiritual gems' of endoctrination they have for their prisoners.

Pat

• metatron
    metatron

Hey comment, post the stats, please

Thanks,
    metatron

• Jang
    Jang

Patio Wrote

I've not read one word, I think, of the WT and Awake since 3/01. It's due to FEAR that I'll fall down the rabbit hole again and not emerge for another 28 years.

That very fear will keep you from falling down that rabbit hole Patio.

Take your time though, one day you will know that you can read the whole thing and know the rabbit hold has a cover on it.

One side point: When you do read a magazine again, take note of every time you feel triggered. They will be YOUR triggers and the points you can work on to put them to rest.

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit