Can I count a placement?

by tergiversator 2 Replies latest jw friends

• tergiversator
    tergiversator

So, here I was, reading through the posts on this board, when the conversation of the two people next door caught my attention. "Do Jehovah's Witnesses drink alcohol?" one of the girls asked the other one. So I had to jump in.

It turns out that both of them work in a biology lab with a lady who recently became a Witness. She's one of those obnoxious new ones, too. (My Hindu friend was quite amused and indignant that she had been given some "pamphlets".) From what I can tell, this lady is not putting on the new personality and is giving a very bad witness. They even asked me if witnesses were supposed to be diligent workers. Heehee. And what is this sister doing working in a lab that does research on aging and uses techniques that assume you believe in evolution?

So we talked for what I would round up to an hour of service time about the crrraaaaaazy beliefs of the witnesses (as the one girl put it, "I'm always suspicious of a group that refers to themselves as 'the truth'"), and I ended up the conversation by lending her my copy of In Search of Christian Freedom to place prominently on her desk at work if she so desires. I promised to send her websites and loan her Crisis of Conscience if Amazon will ever get it to me. Since she lives next door, I'm sure I will have plenty of chances for return visits.

But I have a problem: I haven't been out in service in a year and a half. Where do I send my report to?

-T., who always finds it amusing how ludicrous other people find the "truth"

• larc
    larc

I think you should send it directly to Brooklyn. Cut out all the middle men.
    I heard of woman who did that. She sent in a monthly report of the number of Franz's books she had placed.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hi terg,

You can send your report to us, here on the forum. We will not be angry if you do not get your ten hours in.

I will be waiting for your reports.

Lilacs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit