moving

by josephus 3 Replies latest jw friends

• josephus
    josephus

i am planning to move shortly. this raises an important question for me.

should i make freinds with the local jws, or try to stand on my own. i am going about 3500 miles away,
    so this is quite a tough choice.

i see it this way.

i have spent my life in the org, and so have more in commen, for better or worse than strangers.

surely then i will more likely have a better start with the people im used too.

your thoughts are sought

josephus

• josephus
    josephus

oh and if anybody could give me thier thoughts on the Canadian witnessess, and how holy i will have to be to be acceptable to them, id be gratefull

jo

• Not Perfect
    Not Perfect

Hi Jo,

If you are not going to be a real part of the JW world there, you will find that the REAL WORLD isn't as bad as you have been taught. You could go to a local multi-demoninational church that is listed in the phone-book and see what others have to offer. If you don't like what you see and hear, find another one. In time, if you don't find friends(which I think you will), then you can contact the local hall.
    You now are in a position that many would love to be in. Take advantage of that.

May you have peace, Not perfect (and never will be)

• OrangeBlossom
    OrangeBlossom

You didn't say where you were moving to but if you posted the general area, you might be surpised to find others on this board in the vicinity. Then you have a common interest.

I would love to be in your position of moving far away and starting over. If you are going to be getting a job, make friends with your co-workers, or join a club. Expand your horizons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit