Buying a new Home...I hope...dream

by Crooked Lumpy Vessel 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

Me and hubby have been looking at some model homes and they were so beautiful...I am completely sold. We have built over 150,000 in equity in the last 3 years, so it looks like my dream home might be a reality. This is something I would never have thought of in my earlier JW days. We bought a small home like a good JW years ago and the property has just skyrocketed.

We are just beside ourselves that this just might be a reality. Some people might say we are being materialistic but what an investment it would be.

Some of the friends I confided in have already been putting me down behind my back. Like we dont need a house that size and a fireplace is just another thing to clean and blah blah.

Funny how just a handful of years ago we were feeling guilty for buying a little home in this system of things.

• kls
    kls

Let the jealous talk and build your home. Yes it is one of the best investments you can make.We built our house two years ago and it has gone up so much that it is worth twice what it cost us to build. Build your new home and have it done the way you want. And for all those who have nothing nice to say about it they can just stuff it.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

"Some of the friends I confided in have already been putting me down behind my back. Like we dont need a house that size and a fireplace is just another thing to clean and blah blah."

I remember when we bought our first home. The elders counseled us against it. They said something along the lines of "Well, first you buy the home, then it needs new drapes and furniture, and the next thing you know, you're missing meetings so you can have all these material things."

They didn't take into consideration that we were living in a 10x50 mobile home that was thirty years old, infested with mice, had rotten floorboards and resident WEASELS living under the bath tub and in one closet (I kid you not), or that our only source of heat was a woodburning stove that often went out at night (we did have indoor plumbing, though, because I asked for it for a wedding gift, lol).

And did I mention, we had a three year-old and a newborn living in this? Oh, and did I say their attitudes changed totally when we hired one of the elders to build the house? Suddenly they were all for it (picture me rolling my eyes, lol).

Hey-you made a good investment. If you have the resources to have a fireplace and the size of house you feel comfortable with, you've EARNED it.

Congratulations, by the way!!! Hope your vision becomes a reality:)

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Congrats CLV!

Oh, and did I say their attitudes changed totally when we hired one of the elders to build the house?

Suddenly they were all for it (picture me rolling my eyes, lol).

ROFL!

Here, let me help you out:

Hypocrites...

• Purza
    Purza
    Some of the friends I confided in have already been putting me down behind my back. Like we dont need a house that size and a fireplace is just another thing to clean and blah blah.

What? You have to clean a fire place? LOL Give me a break.

I bought a new home a few years ago and we love it!!!! Very little maintenance -- nothing to repair. We got to landscape our backyard from scratch and I have really enjoyed the process. We are almost done with it -- just adding a waterfall/pond and then we will be done.

Hey -- congrats on having all that equity -- that is quite an accomplishment. I wish you all the best in building your new home -- don't let them get you down.

Purza

• simplesally
    simplesally

A beautiful home is something to be proud of..........whether its a house, apartment or mobile home, it's the people inside that make the difference. If buying or building a dream house is YOUR dream, then do it!! You should not feel guilty about being happy or doing things you can afford.

Congratulations and let the moving trucks roll in!

• Confucious
    Confucious

Only tip... Sell the old home before you buy the new.

• simplesally
    simplesally

In California, we do contingency sales. I made the purchase of my home contingent upon the successful closing of my other home. I figured if I put 'sale' of my house, well, it could sell but not close escrow.......... worked for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit