Quote from The Koran

by chappy 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• chappy
    chappy

The following is an interesting quote from the Koran. Remember the symble for America. Note the chapter-verse.

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a
    > > fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the
    > > lands
    > > of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still
    > > more
    > > rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and
    > > there
    > > was peace.

Ironic or what?

chappy

• Narkissos
  • NewSense
    NewSense

Chappy, I hate to rain on your parade, but the supposed "quote" that you offer is neither ironic nor what; it's bullshit. There's no such quote in the Koran. The eleventh verse of the nineth sutra reads, and I quote: "But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then are they brethren in religion. We detail Our revelations for a people who have knowledge." This verse talks how it is the duty of Moslems to give alms to the poor.

You'll notice that no mention is made of eagles or Arabia. You know, I knew that your quote was bogus as soon as I read it. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your merely passing along something that you read. But take my advice, always check your source before you pass on stuff like this. This quote was obviously concocted to stir up hatred. You really should have checked a English language version of the Koran before posting this.

• NewSense
    NewSense

Narkissos, I see that at least you have a bit of common sense and the ability to reason. Anybody possessing either of the two would be capable of spotting such malicious tripe for what it is. Again, I give Chappy the benefit of the doubt and assume that he is merely an innocent dupe in this matter. But I wonder why it is that Americans are all too willing to believe any bullshit they are told as long as said bullshit condemns Moslems or Islam. The American death toll in Iraq is now at one thousand. When will this insanity end? When will people see through the lies? How many more will have to die?

• NewSense
    NewSense

It's me again!! The s.o.b. that everyone loves to hate! But, seriously folks, before I get off my soapbox for the evening, I just want to point out just how dangerous this hated-based kind of hoax is. Not that many years ago, there was another evil hoax that sought to slur Jews and accuse them of plotting to overthrow all governments so that they could rule the world. The hoax that I'm talking about is a filthy lie called "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion." It was originally written in Czarist Russia and soon translated into French. And of course the Nazis translated it into German. This book contributed to what would come later - the Holocaust. My point is that such words can have incredibly horrible and evil consequences. The Holocaust did not begin with Auschwitz and the crematoria; that was the endpoint. The Holocaust began with words - words scrawled in the night by cowards on the walls of synagogues. But why am I writing this? How to fight against such things? Like Nietzsche said, we have inherited both the wisdom and the madness of a thousand generations.

• chappy
    chappy

Hiding my head in shame. Damn, I can't believe I didn't verify that in the Koran. Any and all abuse expected and deserved.

chappy

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I get emails sent to me all the time and I have been burnt a few times by passing on bogus information. I now check the stories first before I go ahead and pass on any information. Two good sites I use are;

http://www.truthorfiction.com/

http://www.snopes.com/

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit