SDA Church spawns a Cult

by barry 8 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

Yes thats right folks lock up you re friends and relatives and daughters because this Cult makes the JWs look weak in the cult market.

The Lord our Righteousness Church and some of the teachings are.

Micheal Travesser has the soul of Jesus and other members can become gods.

Members cant die because all members have reached perfection and perfect men cant die.

Headship of the husband. It is easily to control one member of a family so the wife cant ask questions and has to be submissive.

New members must write a letter of disconnection to family and loved ones.

The SDA Church and all other Churches are Bablyon the great.

And here is a funny one. The doctrine of donimion. When Adam before sin had dominion over the animals that dominion has been restored to the faithfull. Michael Travesser or Michael the Archangel as he is sometimes called frequently tells how he has no gophers in his garden by drawing a line around his property and muttering a few incantations can control even nature.

Read here for youreself http://www.sdadefend.com/lor_4.htm

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sounds like another david koresh - waco, texas. Could somebody do a frontal lobotomy on this guy before more idiots follow him?

S

• barry
    barry

Satanus there are allways a few thats the problem.

I had to rush out and do a job two more things I wanted to say.

The recruiters have a way of talking in slow monotone way sort of hypnotic way to get recruits.

Free striptease shows. yea I couldnt beleive it they are asked to take all their cloths off in front of the congregation to show their loyalty to the group.

This bloke has his group on a ranch in New Mexico and his group has been going since 2000. He uses the prophesy in Revelation about the three and a half years to show his group is being taken care of by god in the wilderness. The same one JWs use for 1914 when the secretary and treasurer were put in jail and the churches celebrated their imprisonment. Barry

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Barry,

Fascinating. Oddly enough, the SDA church is a cult itself. It is a from the same root stock as Jehovah's Witnesses. Their universal issue is the Sabbath and they teach a paradise earth, no hell fire, etc. It is no wonder that they spawn more cults. Jehoah's Witnesses spawned a few cults, such as Layman's Home Missionary movement (P.S.L.Johnson) ... a worse cult than the Watchtower. I met one of their ex-members at a BRCI conference. LHM is more screwed up than Jehoivah's Witnesses.

Jim W.

• willy_think
    willy_think

Now let me get this straight I get to hang with the big guy J.C. Himself, see naked chicks and be a god someday? There is obviously no down side to this one, maybe I'll sign me up for the god thing...

• barry
    barry

Gday Amazing 1914,

Being a third generation SDA myself the beleif of the SDA church is that all christians go to heaven after the millenium the paradise earth is established. The paradise earth is not talked about much.

As for no hell fire I have read even the Pope doesnt beleive that. Hell to many christians is the understanding of separation from God.

Youre half right about the SDAs being a non christian cult. A study of thousands of hours and extensive meetings with Adventist officials by Barnhouse and Martin in the 1950 established SDA was not a anti christian cult, but rather a somewhat heterodox [i.e,departing from accepted doctrine] christian denomination. http://web2.airmail.nett/billtod/crisda.txt

Of course the reason for so much confusion about SDA is there is a wide range of beleif from traditional to evangelical beleif and many varied ministries many not supported by the church but still accepted. Some SDAs are Arian like the JWs and have their literature with the church logo while at the same time most beleive the Trinity.

The traditional SDAs beleive the prophet Ellen White has scriptural authority and this is I beleive the big problem with these ongoing cults after all if you beleive Ellen White is a Prophet any tom Dick or Harry could be one all you have to do is plagerise the writings of other christians as Ellen White has done.

Jim when us Evangelical Adventists are finnished reforming the SDAs we are all joining the JWs. After all we will have the experiance it will be a piece of cake.

PS That link in my first post appears to be a traditional SDA site I would have little agreement with their doctrine but it was usefull to find information about the LOR church. Barry

• avengers
    avengers
    see naked chicks and be a god someday? There is obviously no down side to this one, maybe I'll sign me up for the god thing...

I'll sign up too,,,,for the naked chicks thing.

lol.....Andy

ps. question. serious. Do more women or more men fall for this cult-thing,
    because then I might have to reconsider.

• barry
    barry

you blokes have a serious cult problem.

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Hi Barry,

I received your PM, thanks. Excellent and informative post about SDA. You are very correct about their teachings. And I liked your points about Ellen White. I still have her book, The Great Controversy.

Btw: I am most interested in how your group is reforming the SDA. Maybe you can write a text for ex-JWs so that they can build a plan to do something similar. Thanks again. - Jim W.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit