Disfellowshiping and Disassociation the SDA way

by barry 4 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

Actually they, the SDAs, dont do either what they do is to 'Drop Membership' as they now call it. It was beleived in the past Disfellowshiping had negative sentiment and so they changed the name, of course they have never shunned.

I sometimes have a look on a website called Former Adventist Fellowship and being an Adventist who is in the Gospel side of the church and opposed to traditional Cultic Adventism I agree with a lot of their material.

This thread is titled 'Request to drop membership'

Posted on Monday June 2004 My husband wrote a letter a few weeks ago to the SDA church he had his last membership at. He got a response letter today, so I thought I,d share it with you all.

Dear xxxxxxxx

At the xxxxxxx Church business meeting this past week, it was voted to drop youre name from membership at the xxxxxx Adventist Church, at youre request.

Though we regret that you have made this decision , we want to assure you that we respect your wishes and believe that our gracious God will lead you and bless you abundantly.We rejoice in the same gospel of grace, and look forward to meeting you in heaven one day, with warm christian greetings.

xxxxxxxxx

Senior Pastor.

I thought it was quite a decent letter as in my experiance with the SDAs and also the Baptists just ignore such requests to drop membership and the person doesnt know whether his or her wishes have been implemented.

You can read the whole thread on http://64.227.85.187/discus/messages/11/2074.html?1087939034

Barry

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Wow. I can't even imagine the Witnesses being decent enough to give that kind of respectful reply. That's amazing.

SNG

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Barry,

That's a wonderful policy they have there! They actually sound Christian.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    They actually sound Christian

well that would be a change for the dubs, eh?!

• barry
    barry

There you are WT Society if you are reading this you are down 4-0. Surely you dont want to be upstaged by a church of babylon the great by the much more reasonable way they treat those who may dissagree with them.

We Christians have chosen to follow one who went out of his way to encourage, comfort and assist those whom others despised. Those who did the despising in the time of Jesus often felt ethically compelled to do so. They were mistaken. Let's walk is the footsteps of Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit