south america, jw's new victim??

by the mole 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• the mole
    the mole

is the growth rate reported by the jw's are third world countries? is south america really listening? is africa really wanting the jw's to come to thier huts? many of these countries have been victimized by the church and cults in histories past so why listen now the the jw's? is this why islam is growing at a fast rate? some day islam will defeat america because of foolish thoughts and ideals like the jw's inflict upon us! what do you all think

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

3rd world places are the most fertile grounds for the WTBTS. These people are disconnected, and they're suffering so much that they welcome with open arms the big dream the Witnesses sell.

DY

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

When people are desperate they will cling to anything that seems like it will save them, and if it requires the effort of "Believing" what is sometimes unbelievable, they will believe it. Take many african countries that have double-digit unemployment, poverty, near-constant civil war, human rights abuses, horrible AIDS rates, growing malaria, returning polio.. Living forever in a park, meeting all your dead loved ones, and petting lions doesn't sound half bad. This is what the society has to sell. Putting too much effort in 3rd World countries allows the Watchtower to not have to change its course very much, but it may backfire on them in time. It certainly won't put much money in the coffers.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

In those places I see JWs as a good thing. It is money from the outside comming in. Also it is more liberal than many have had.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

In those places I see JWs as a good thing. It is money from the outside comming in. Also it is more liberal than many have had.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i would think that other christian missionaries that bring , food, doctors, clothes,dig wells, inprove the quaility of life . of the truely poorest of poor. would be more welcome than someone that just shows up with book. i have run into many jw's from third world countries. i allways ask them what charity work is the wt doing in your home country. i never get an answer. these dub's think making disciples of the wt is charity work. go figure. john

• Joker10
    Joker10

5% is the growth rate there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit