Bethel's Engines of Theocratic Warfare

by gitasatsangha 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Does anyone know if the WTS puts insurance on their presses? I mean.. this is entirely theoretical mind you, but suppose someone, I dont know, on the bethel tour accidentally dropped a wrench (spanner for you limeys) into a press or two, or maybe just a 50 foot length of hardened steel chain they happened to have with them in their backpack for no particular reason, into a fully running press, I mean that might cause problems and I would hate for something like that to happen. But that equipment is not cheap. How do they maintain it, cause I know they are cheapskates, and I worked in a press as a teenager. It was hard work and the machines needed constant care.

• blondie
    blondie

I've been told that the WTS is self-insured.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

In other words, they would have to Wait on Jehovah.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

They have a full machine shop. They would buy a few billets and mill out the replacement. Remember labor is what makes everything expensive for us not them.

• blondie
    blondie

Bingo!

• Corvin
    Corvin
    but suppose someone, I dont know, on the bethel tour accidentally dropped a wrench (spanner for you limeys) into a press or two, or maybe just a 50 foot length of hardened steel chain they happened to have with them in their backpack for no particular reason, into a fully running press, I mean that might cause problems and I would hate for something like that to happen.

I take it someone has their tour booked???? LOL

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

That reminds me, didn't they essentially scrap all the repair shop and services in Brooklyn. Furniture, windows, shoes even machinery is purchased rather than repaired or made in house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit