• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

My question is this:

If the J-Dubs are not allowed on the internet, then why are these, obviously J-Dub owned businesses, advertising on the net?

Could it be the WT$ turning a blind eye to the All-mighty $?

LABD

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

How do they get the information for all of this in advance to make the software? They must have some kind of connections to the top for that.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Not being a couple geek I have no authority to say anything on this subject.

However, if I have a basic idea I can make just about anything required for King-dum Hell stuff on an Excel spreadsheet.

I've done it for handicapping football and baseball, so it would have to be much easier for the Borg stuff.

One other point, I remember my dad saying that no records were to be kept on computer. This was around 1986 or 1987. Any elders that can confirm this hazy recollection?

LABD

• blondie
    blondie

km 9/95 5 Maintaining a Balanced View of Computer Technology ***
    4 A number of well-intentioned individuals have designed computer programs for keeping congregation records. It is, of course, a personal decision as to how an individual uses his computer. However, congregation records for which forms have been provided should not be kept on computers, since children or other unauthorized persons could access them. All congregation records?accounts records, Congregation?s Publisher Record cards, and so forth?should be kept on the forms provided by the Society, and the information on these congregation forms should not be stored in a computer. In this way, the confidential records of the congregation will be protected.

5 Responsible overseers should be discerning in making assignments for the Theocratic Ministry School and Service Meeting program. They need to have in mind the material to be covered in a particular part. In the school, for example, some material may not be appropriate for just any student to handle. The purpose of the presentation as well as the qualifications of the individual and the nature of the material should be considered. It should not be left to the computer to decide.

*** km 9/95 6 Maintaining a Balanced View of Computer Technology ***
    7 As for reproducing and distributing computer programs, lists, and related documentation among the brothers, and preparing and distributing parts on the Service Meeting and Theocratic Ministry School by electronic or other means, it is usually better for brothers to prepare their own material, with local benefits in mind. (1 Tim. 4:13, 15) On no account should congregational connections ever be exploited for making financial gain.
  • L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Blondie,

I'm sure you have heard this from thousands of men, but you're awesome.

MUAH!!!!

LABD

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

U K Data Protection laws had, I thought put a stop to any homemade computer programmes . Since the congo has to obtain the publishers written consent to keep records of their monthly reports, how can the secretary hold it on his computer?

I confirm what Blondie has said about strict counsel being given on thw subject.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I came accross this site too

http://http://www.ministryideaz.com/

"On no account should congregation connections be exploited for making financial gain"......see Blondie's post.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The WTBTS hasn't said the Internet is off limits. It's only said to se precaution while using it.

DY

• Atilla
    Atilla

The young ex-Bethel elder guy in our hall had a laptop with an external floppy drive so he could keep publisher records but the records were not technically on his hard drive. Always thought it was weird, now I just realize that was just normal behavior.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit