ex update

by prgirl79 2 Replies latest social relationships

• prgirl79
    prgirl79

Hi Everyone,

It's been 7 months since i told my ex i had enough of him and his jw parents. After 5 years of him not moving on and not going back to them either, I realized i was not happy anymore and this was just draining. Time helps i am realizing how good it feels to be free and realize i deserve so much more. I realized how you can't help these people get out especially him he doesn't want to. He has tried to talk to me because he has his own little world where he just works goes home and has no friends except me and one other person. Since he was disfellowshipped he never bothered to meet anyone because hey he doesn't need anyone!!!, and all his "friends" were from the hall. So it was better to harass me when jw's were at his parents house.

The part that still angers me and bothers me is their have their cake and eat it too mentality. I don't want to generalize i know they are not all like that. But it seems that in many non jw-jw relationships they seem to expect that you will put your life in limbo just to please them, because they are to cowardly to do what needs to be done. They will date a nonjw but follow other jw rules. I thought about this more because Saturday we had a big party for my parents 25th wedding anniversary. My family is majority Catholic so the priest came they renewed their vows etc. Well i know my ex would be a drag. Hating it when the priest came the service and oh no when the priest says in the name of the father son holy spirit and we make the symbol of the cross. He would beg me to go to his family functions and accept his jw rules and family but when it came to compromising and accepting mine no way! I am not saying we have to agree there are a lot of issues that i have with catholicism and religion in general, but they are really not tolerant and it's their way or no way.

Well now it is not his way anymore. I had a great time on Saturday with my family and friends and i realized with him i never did and never would. It would always be a problem and who needs that stress!!

Thanks for being so helpful when i have posted before. I have to say it again this forum really helps!! :)

• Emma
    Emma

Congratulations on that big step. When you're finally free enough to make it, it does feel wonderful! Things will continue to get better for you, not that life won't throw some little downs with the ups, but isn't it nice to just know that and not try to attribute it to some bigger entity.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Great to hear things are going well for you! It's also great to see you helping other people on here who are in the same situation you were in. It feels great when you help people. Keep up the good work!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit