What themes do JW's prioritize and WHY?

by tosko 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tosko
    tosko

There are a lot of things discussed on this forum that could be duplicated here, but i need some answers for a dissertation. The themes JWs prioritize that i know are Armageddon, Judgement Day, Christ. But can you all tell me WHY they prior. Armageddon-what does it serve them, and other they prioritize and why?

THanks

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

Main Theme: keep busy, do more in preaching work - Armageddon and Paradies are just around the corner.

One only needs to learn about cults and could apply it to JWs

• hooberus
    hooberus

Frequent themes

Authority:

"Jehovah's Organization"

"The Faithful and Discreet Slave"

"Governing Body"

"Remnant" (their leaders are part of 9,000 left of 144,000)

WT organization "appointed in 1919"

"Channel of Communication"

"Main Message"

"Kingdom began in 1914" (Jesus returned invisibly then)

Charateristics of true Religion

"Must use Jehovah's Name"

"Must preach kingdom"

"No part of the world" (no politics)

"Love among themselves" (no war)

"Bible" doctrines

"Man does not have a soul"

"No Trinity"

All others to be destroyed at time of Armageddon

• blondie
    blondie

BTW, the WTS prioritizes "Jehovah" not "Jesus" who is only a distant second when it comes to being mentioned. Why would they adopt a name "Jehovah's Witnesses" based in an OT book (Isaiah 43:10-12) when "Christian" is what Jesus' followers came to be known as by providence as the NT says.

Jesus has been present since 1874, no, the WTS changed that to 1914 (in 1943).

Armageddon is coming in 1914, 1915, 1925, 1940's, 1975.

Only baptized, dedicated Jehovah's Witnesses will survive the destruction of the wicked at Armageddon.

9/1/89 Watchtower p. 19 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium

Only Jehovah?s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the "flesh" that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history. As it was in the days of Noah, said Jesus, so it would be in the day when He would be revealed. Inside the ark that took many years of organized effort to complete, only eight human souls survived the global Deluge. They survived as a united family group. (Matthew 24:22, 37-39; Luke 17:26-30) Noah?s wife corresponds to the bride of Christ, and his sons and daughters-in-law to Jesus? present-day "other sheep," who have grown into an increasing great crowd, the final proportions of which we do not now know. (John 10:16) For survival into the Millennium under the Greater Noah, Jesus Christ, they have to remain organized with the anointed remnant, "the chosen ones" on account of whom the days of the "great tribulation" will be cut short.?Matthew 24:21, 22.

Try this site for direct quotes from Watchtower publications by topic.

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

A little snippet which may be of use.......after questioning my dub sister last year on the 1995 generation change, she said and I quote "well it's not as if it was a big doctrine like Blood".......I swear my jaw touched the ground

JGull

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

Armeggedon is priority #1 for the same reason it was in the 1st cent.

getting people to do stupid stuff they would never dream of doing if they believed the world had thousands if not millions of years left in it

like avoiding marriage [1 cor 7:9] or avoiding college in this doomed system of things [jws]

Field service #2

why? because idle time allows people to think and thinking is of the devil.

Just as Nazi solidiers were made to endlessly march goose stepping for no valid reason...the more blindly you get people to act for you, the more they simply have to trust you...feeling stupid is not an option for most people, so they will defend their stupid actions rather than admit they were stupid.

To prove this point, just about every baptized JW knows at least one, may be two meeting attenders who are holding back because of field service, so if it was just about numbers, JWs could double over night if they dropped it...but its not about numbers its about loyalty, devoution and weeding out those who cannot be hypnotized.

Guilt#3

WT always presents an idealized Uber JW in all its writings as the gold standard, the perfect forgiven declared righteous completely anal, has no life of his own, does nothing but go out in field service and sleeps [usually in his cheaply purchased 4 door car so he can transport other JWs, car]... if he works, its part time, so he can gain money to pay for his gas and food so he can not be a burden on others in his field service group...but he preaches to all his co workers so that he never misses an opportunity to count time. He never watches R rated movies and does not even own a TV set.... he never goes to any parties unless they are watchtower study parties...etc.

of course all JWs feel sadly and grossly inadequate by comparison to uber JW and that is as it is meant to be.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

[.....WT always presents an idealized Uber JW in all its writings as the gold standard, the perfect forgiven declared righteous completely anal, has no life of his own, does nothing but go out in field service and sleeps [usually in his cheaply purchased 4 door car so he can transport other JWs, car]... if he works, its part time, so he can gain money to pay for his gas and food so he can not be a burden on others in his field service group...but he preaches to all his co workers so that he never misses an opportunity to count time. He never watches R rated movies and does not even own a TV set.... he never goes to any parties unless they are watchtower study parties...etc.

of course all JWs feel sadly and grossly inadequate by comparison to uber JW and that is as it is meant to be]....Zen Nudist post.I was this idealized dub for 33 years.I gave up EVERYTHING! All it got me was a world of hurtfulness,cause they just got jealous.

What a waste! Undaunted Danny

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    I was this idealized dub for 33 years.I gave up EVERYTHING! All it got me was a world of hurtfulness,cause they just got jealous.

count yourself lucky they did not nail you to anything (^_^)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit