To: AlanF ragarding CO

by Amazing 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Alan: You asked on my post about the name of the CO who gave the idiotic talk about masturbation. You wondered if it was Don Amy. No, I don't recall meeting Don. But I did find the name of the CO I mentioned. It is Ray Horton. He was about 60 to 65 years old. I believe that he finally retired.

He was the CO that accompanied me on a Bible Study one time. I had just bought my Areostar Van. It was a used Lease, but only had 15,000 miles. It had a strong smoke smell left over from the previous owner.

When Ray stepped into the van, he started sniffing around, opened the ashtray and looked around for cigarettes. I asked him what the problem was, and he said there is a strange smell in the van and he was trying to place the odor. (I knew what he meant, but decided to toy with him a little.)

I told him that I didn't notice anything, and could he try to be more specific. He asked if I had any smokers in the family. I said no, and asked if that was the odor. He said yes, in a self-righteous way. I told him that was how the van smelled when I bought it, but that I had grown used to it, and hoped it would fade over time.

He suggested using his car. I said no, my van is good enough, and he can just try to ignore the odor. He got a real put-out look on his face, and refused to talk anymore. He was stone dead quiet during the Bible Study. And, he barely said a word to me on our return trip.

He was a strange man, as I have found most COs to be. He had some goofy ideas, and that is why I wondered if the special talk he gave on masturbation was his own contrivance ... stretching the scriptures beyond reason. But, then again, COs get their directions from the Big-O, so I have to believe that he was floating a trial balloon for the Society.

One thing I learned about masturbation talks, is that when they are given, it almost always brings out extra confessions. So, when the JC docket is running low, just schedule a 'special needs' talk on masturbation for the Service Meeting, and then watch the guys come flocking in to fess up.

I wish every JW could understand how Elders really work, the sarcasim they use in talking about the rank and file, and at times the sheer egotistical attitude toward people that develops among many Elders. If the average JW understood how they are really viewed, then maybe many more would leave the organization. - Amazing

• metatron
    metatron

I'd like to see postings with more depth on a subject
    your post alludes to, specifically:

Contempt for the rank and file!

It MUST exist because of the growing socio-economic chasm
    between ordinary, ignorant Witnesses, who have been carefully
    taught not to think or question

And the Society's 'nomenklatura' - the elite at Bethel,
    the guys with solid college credentials, the lawyers,
    and the Service Dept. bureaucrats whose rules can
    nearly determine life or death.

They MUST have contempt for the ignorant servility
    they encounter. Further, it must get worse because this
    gap is going to get worse, as the 'priviledged' class
    in the organization secretly understand that in the near
    future the Society will go mainstream - while the tired
    rank and file waste their lives selling magazines supporting
    the power and position of the Paterson gentry.

metatron

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Metatron: I can make a post that will highlight some of this in detail. I recall a CO who looked down at the rank and file more than others I have known. I will start with this experience because it had to do with a Circuit Assembly part I had years ago. Maybe some others can highlight some of theirs experiences as well. Also, while I am at it, there is one CO that I will make a positive tribute to. He was one of two COs that I felt was worth a damn. - Amazing

• Nomen Clature
    Nomen Clature

metatron, I resent that!

• AlanF
    AlanF

Thanks, Amazing. That Horton was a dork and half.

AlanF

• Farkel
    Farkel

: They MUST have contempt for the ignorant servility
    they encounter.

This whole attitude was carefully cultured by Rutherford with his "classes" of JWs and has been expanded and extended to this very day. Rutherford and his sidekicks had nothing but contempt for the R&F and pioneers slaving for him and his Empire. He considered them to be an "unwashed" class that had to trained, nannied, carefully watched and whipped around to do his will.

Farkel

• metatron
    metatron

Ooops! I couldn't spell that other Russian word 'apparachniks'
    apparatchniks - phooey!

• Kent
    Kent

Hi Amazing!

You're one of my favorite posters here, and I do find your postings extremely interesting. Your knowledge on the subjects is extremely good, and you write real good as well!

I'm looking forward to more "essays" from your hand - and I guess you already know I do re-post them on the Watchtower Observer.

Personal stories are always interesting to read - as long as they are trustworthy, and well written. And yours are!

I want to use this oportunity to thank you for many a good laugh, some new knowledge I didn't have, some material to make one think - and material that makes the hours spent online worth while!

Keep on posting, Amazing! Thanks a lot!

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between God and Adolf Hitler is that God is more proficient at genocide."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Kent: Thanks for the kind words. If I had all my old books out, I could even do a half way decent job of some good research. But, I am still going through things, and will do that later. But, some of the experiences I have had are more interesting, yet sad in many ways. My next post will be a tribute to a CO who was one of the few I admired. I will post that in a few minutes. Thanks again. - Amazing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit